Downloads tab has disappeared

Solved!

Re: Downloads tab has disappeared

turtlefriends90

mine is still gone.

briantyoung
Casual Listener

This was not a good move, Spotify.  What good did you accomplish by removing the downloads tab?  That was just too convenient I guess.

tinyogre

Another vote for "PUT IT BACK PLEASE".  Wish I hadn't updated the app.

JKobewka
Casual Listener

This might be the thing to make me delete this app. Not only did it stop me from crashing my car but it was a good place to keep things that you want to listen to later. So frustrating that it is gone. Looking for a Spotify replacement as a result of this issue. 

katiecaffrey

I also would appreciate the download tab back. Having to go to a drop down menu to filter Albums doesn’t solve the playlist issue. This better be fixed on the next app update or Spotify is completely useless to me. 

steve7july
Casual Listener

Bring back the download menu. Bad move. 

pipaluk1
Regular

This “solution” is very cumbersome and does not show you all your downloads quickly and easily like the downloads tab did. Apple Music has one and it is invaluable for a workout or commute where there is no suitable connectivity. Will it return and if so, when?

Judder

Please bring back the main downloads tab. Don’t see the point in hiding it in albums, requiring the user to scroll up to make drop down visible. I even searched there for it before reading this thread and did not see option. Not user friendly. 

billrice23

So annoying I had to look this up as I had no idea where all my downloads were.

This is an odd move, just makes things so much more difficult.

The downloads page was much better to find things you had recently downloaded to listen to when not on wifi - why change it? Come on Spotify - bring it back please!

Blutch313
Regular

I have two phones. One one, the download tab is still there under Library. On the other one and after updating Spotify, it's gone. Seriously, who came up with this idea? Oh wait, I know.. developers are making so much money they can afford to stream using their dataplan and don't have to bother with downloads. How's iTunes doing? Perhaps I should go and find out...

SUGGESTED POSTS