Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error communication with spotify -> offline sync doesn't work

Solved!

Error communication with spotify -> offline sync doesn't work

Hi,

Everytime I open Spotify on my Iphone 4, I get this error, 

There was an error communicating with Spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made available offline. Spotify will try again later.

What could be the problem? I always sync over wifi, and I have a Spotify Premium account.

Thanks for all your help,

Regards,

Tom

65 Replies

Same problem here. Very annoying.  "There was an error communicating with Spotify.  Some tracks couldn't be made available offline. Spotify will try again later." Well it has been a week and I can't dowlnlaod anything onto my ipad or iphone, not a single song. Not cool for premium spotify customers who have come to rely on spotify for their music. Please fix immediately or my love of music will gravitate towards another service.

I tried the idea of listening to the song and then switching to another one-it worked for me. I just listened to about half the song, and it synced. Not sure why...sort of annoying considering I'm paying for it... but oh well. Nothing's perfect. 

I have the same error: "There was an error communicating with Spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made available offline. Spotify will try again later."

About a week ago, they deleted all of my synced songs as well.  I purchase the service for the simplicity and availability of the music.  I already own most of the music I listen to and for $10 a month I can purchase 1 album a month to own...  If they don't fix this error today, I will setup my own subsonic server or switch to iTunes match.

I tried logging into an out of facebook and updating spotify to no avail.

Same here.  This is getting quite frustrating.  I have tried a clean install and just about every combination of turning playlists on for sync, changing sync quality, etc.  Spotify, are you listening?  It is a nice eye opener to how exposed one becomes by relying on a paid service for music.  Maybe ownership is the way to go?  

A credit after the fix would be a nice bonus for the ongoing issues. 

Thanks.

I've had the same issues. Nothing works. This is ridiculous that is has been down this long. 

i am having the exact same issue.  getting very frustrated.  

I am paying $10 a month, after all.

I am trying to take few playlists for my 27 hours long flight tomorrow and am facing this server issue now.

Please fix this issue asap Spotify.......

My sisters wedding rehearsal dinner is tonight. I created a playlist, but can't save it for offline. Thanks spotify!

Encountering this as well, three weeks on. Is Spotify aware of, and/or researching this? 

Getting the same exact issue....decided to reinstall the app and NOTHING!

Hey folks!

This problem is reported to Spotify.

Watch this space.

This problem started right after apple swaped my ipod for a new one ~  Is this error a spotify error or is there an issue with my new ipod?  I need a fix, music for my upcomming half marathon is not syncing!!!

Awesome just purchased premium yesterday and nothing will sync (i get the "error communicating with spotify") and I have a flight this weekend.........hopefully this gets fixed before I leave if not that's the last $9.99 that Spotify gets from me.

Hey Having the same problem here - Iphone 4, same message  "there was an error communicating with Spotify, some tracks couldnt be made available offline. Spotify will try again later"... any luck on finding a solution/anyone heard from Spotify?

Just want to restate my question from another thread: are there plans to refund premium users for this month because of this issue? The offline sync is a big part of why myself and many other users pay for this service. More than a month later there has been no resolution or communication on this tremendous issue

Come on Spotify.

GET A FIX FOR THIS ISSUE.

Many of us (Premium Members) are only paying the monthly fee for the 'offline playlists' feature.

I was able to continue offline download on my iphone 3GS (the offline popup still shows), but nothing on my ipod touch.

I have this issue too, and its really frustrating as Im going on a roadtrip for 8 hours, and will be wihtout internet for 4 days, and a long way back... 

Think I found out a temporary workaround for this issue.

Connect your iphone/ipod/ipad to the same wireless network as your mac/windows machine and use mac/windows client to sync playlists. So far this is working for me. Using my macbook pro, I just synced one 100 song playlist to my iPad.

Hope this helps..

Problem is fixed!!

Suggested posts