Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error communication with spotify -> offline sync doesn't work

Solved!

Error communication with spotify -> offline sync doesn't work

Hi,

Everytime I open Spotify on my Iphone 4, I get this error, 

There was an error communicating with Spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made available offline. Spotify will try again later.

What could be the problem? I always sync over wifi, and I have a Spotify Premium account.

Thanks for all your help,

Regards,

Tom

65 Replies

Working for me now, too on iPad 3.  (i did delete app and reinstall)  Hopefully this is a permanent fix.  Thanks spotify! 

Still not working on iPhone with latest version of spotify.

Working much better for me now.

...only four hours too late.

when will they fix this problem and how can i contact them to fix it plz let me know

I have this problem too. And when I was trying to make the new tracks sync, I accidentally unsynced my whole offline playlist in the process and now it will only resync one song 😞

And ugh this is just so frustrating. I've had premimum membership for a couple of months now and during this time I have had the problems of not being able to listen to local files without spotify crashing, not being able to connect my last.fm account, still not being able to open spotify in the offline mode on my iPhone without it asking for me to login (which is just useless when there is no internet) and now this. Why do I even bother paying for this anymore? There seriously shouldn't be this many problems with one service that you are charging money for, that seem to never get fixed.

Just signed up for premium. What a joke. Luckily I got the first month free, but since the only reason I signed up for this was for offline mode, I can't see what use it is. Sad when a company is founded on good ideas but the geniuses who run it can't seem to execute. Spotify gone fail. 

Btw, maybe the reason this hasn't been fixed (it's been weeks or months) is that the Spotify folks just think it can't be that much of an inconvience bc people can just stream music instead. Hmm. Can only speak for myself, but I ride the subway for 2 hrs a day. That's really the only reason I wanted premium. For the offline mode ... argh.

Still a problem. Not happy about this, since I pay for the service.Maybe it'stime to look at another service, like Rhapsody.

Mine doesn't sync either.  I just came over from RDIO because I wanted gapless playback.  Spotify support sucks.  The absolute worst.  IF this isnt fixed soon I will be going back to RDIO.  I need offline sync.

Same problem here. Delete and install did not help. iPhone and Macbook both jacked up with this error message for days! I will be cancelling my premium subscriptions. Great service but premium features are proving to be unreliable...useless rip off...

I just started having this problem today. I've never had this problem before.

Desktop client on Windows keeps saying there was an error with the Spotify server too. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

9-10-12 10am EST, problem still exists. I was able to sync a few songs, but started receiving the error again.

Same here. iPhone 4, everything up to date. Whenever I log into Spotify, I get the error previously described in this forum and am unable to sync any new music. Muy triste. Go Spotify, go! Only you can save us!

Same here. But I had the issue already couple of days back... Very frustrating, as this is the only reason why I need premium.

I assume we'll be getting our money back for this month?

Hope so or at least a couple of free days.

A couple free days is the least Spotify could do considering this issue has been ongoing for WELL over a month. Clearly this is not the right forum to troubleshoot issues since there has been no acknowledgement from Spotify that there is a problem nor have they provided a solution. Does anyone know if there is a customer service contact besides Twitter (which is ridiculous BTW)? 

-R. Rafferty

Add me to the growing list 😕

8-11-12 9:30 am EST, problem still exists on latest iPhone version of spotify.

Mine literally just started working (first time ever for me)

Go have a try now?

Suggested posts