Premium

Country

USA

Device

phone 14

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Exclude from taste profile option just doesn’t show up when I click the three dots. My spotify is updated to the most recent version too.

9 Replies

Hi there @blennu,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • When did this start happening? Did it work before?
  • Screenshots of what you see.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this same issue on Android Note 10 and on my web Brower version on a laptop. 

I have never seen this button in any of my menus but heard about it from a friend. 

Screenshot_20230523-202519_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230523-202510_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Eirbear88,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Based on the screenshot you've sent us,  we can assume that you've opened the three dot menu of a song. Keep in mind that the feature "Exclude from Taste Profile" is applicable to playlist only, not to individual songs. There's more info about the topic in our Steps by Stars article

We'd suggest that you follow the steps below: 

1. Select the playlist of your choice.
  2. Tap the three dots near the top of the playlist.
  3. Select “Exclude from your Taste Profile.”

Here you check out how long does it take for excluding to take effect. Screenshots for visibility below.

Hope you find this useful. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

What if we’re in the playlist menu and it still isn’t an option? I’m on iOS 16.5.1 and most recent version of Spotify and don’t have that feature or the ability to see who is on my family plan even though I’m the manager. My husband has all these features though. 

Hi there @cpeat,

Thanks for the reply. Those are two unrelated features you've mentioned. As for the Taste Profile option, can you send us a screenshot from what you see? That will help us investigate. As for the Family option, you should be able to do this here.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Lyubka wrote:

Keep in mind that the feature "Exclude from Taste Profile" is applicable to playlist only, not to individual songs.

Why would I want to remove an entire playlist? I would just not play it. I just want Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold for the love of god to stop playing in my metal mix.

F78AFD46-DECC-4236-859C-1E237DBFE14C.png

hello. this is what my options are as well when i click the three dots next to the playlist, not individual song. please help! my discover weekly is only sleep noises and i hate it. 

Well if you're like me and have a "work focus" playlist or create playlists from new albums that come out that you want to check out but don't know if you like yet, etc. there are lots of reasons why you might want to exclude a playlist.  That's what I came here for, because I can't seem to do it from the desktop version of Spotify that I'm using on my work computer.  

Mine looks the same as Sara Boer, there's no option to exclude my work focus playlist.  Any ideas?

Well that makes sense. I think I also read it wrong. I thought it was to remove it from being seen at all and now I realize that it doesn't affect the algorithm, which is pretty cool.

Suggested posts