Step 1

NEXT STEP

Expanding Spotify Use

Expanding Spotify Use

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Okay. First, I am "technology challenged." A genuine dolt. But here is my question. I have a Spotify app on my desktop computer. I also have the app on my newly purchased an iphone13 and my Spotify program is on that as well. NOW. I'd like to connect SOMETHING with Spotify installed to my sound system in a room close to my study where the computer is. Is that possible? If so, how would a dolt do it? 

Phil 

1 Reply

Hey @Monsignor

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

No worries, there are multiple ways to connect your devices. If your sound system is Spotify Connect enabled, you can select it from the Spotify app on any of your devices (iPhone or computer) and use them as a remote to control the playback in your sound system. You can find the instructions on how to do it in this article.

If your sound system doesn't appear in the Connect list, then it isn't Connect enabled. No worries though, in that case, you could connect your devices to the sound system via Bluetooth, if that feature is available in the sound system. Find more info about it here.

However, could you let us know the make and model of your sound system so we can tell you in a more detailed way how to connect your devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts