Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit albums removed?

Solved!

Explicit albums removed?

Country UK

Device iPhone 6S

I have noticed that one album in particular has had the explicit version removed in place of an edited version.

Namely the 50 Cent album Get Rich or Die Tryin' (Not the soundtrack), which was in regular rotation during my gym sessions.

Before this I was aware that both versions were on Spotify. With the explicit version being labelled as "UK Deluxe" version or something but now it's nowhere to be found...

Anyone have any ideas if I can ever find it again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah you lot need to sort this out Spotify

More songs are now 'edited' and sounds completely rubbish.

If more come along im going over to Tidal or Apple Music

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Not just 50 Cents album but also other rappers album a like I’ve noticed Eminem’s Encore album is no longer explicit and it’s really frustrating, I am tempted to cancel my membership as half of my favourite playlist now has unplayable songs

but the explicit edition of Encore is still there... O.o

https://open.spotify.com/album/7tsXPtLqhab1zWeubbf6JH

This is what I mean. There's so much inconsistency and yet I can't get an explanation from Spotify as to why certain albums keep getting removed and changed.

TBH the edited version of GRODT is barely listenable because every second word is muted out.

I don't have a problem with Spotify having clean versions of albums but for those of us who want to listen to the music the way it was intended, it just makes me feel like turning to Spotify to listen to it is a waste of time. I may as well buy an iPod or burn a CD for goodness sake 🙄

Ok, so though my saved albums I managed to find the explicit "UK Deluxe" version which will not appear in Spotify's search function.

However, it is not the full album and only features 7 of the songs...

What is going on?...

IMG_0963.PNG
IMG_0964.PNG

Also tempted to cancel over this. So annoying there isn't a choice. I agree 50 cent in particular is unlistenable, always amused me when his videos were on music channels or songs were on the radio and you'd barely hear any words.

This is so true. Does anyone know a way to get some input from someone at Spotify? Or are we just doomed to have unlistenable music with no explanation?

Also High all the time and if I can’t which are the best songs have weird logo ‘s

The same problem with 2Pac Greatest Hits, and some of the 8 Mile Deluxe Soundtrack.

The reason that Spotify keeps some songs is that when you play a song from an currently unavaliable album, Spotify searchs for the same song but from a different album. This is why you see a different cover art in the Player Section. 

Hey there @WIKIDNEZ,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you having troubles listening to Explicit content only on your iOS device?

If so, we'd recommend double checking that you haven't toggled on the filtering of Explicit Content on that device. You can find more info about this here.

If that doesn't help, we'd also suggest checking if you have the setting to Show unavailable songs in playlists toggled off. If so, you can find more info here on why you can't locate songs or albums you like.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Unfortunately I think it's just the fact Spotify don't provide the content.
My settings are fine.

There is 3 songs missing. On the Deluxe version you get 3 more songs at the bottom of the album.

• We As Americans

• Love You More

• Ricky Ticky Toc.

All those have been Censored to the point of having no sound every few seconds.

What about the 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Trying album? Where is all that content?

No one is sure why but a lot of songs have been censored or removed from many artists within hiphop. Spotify has left its customers with 2 choices. Listen to a censored version of the album or listen to the explicit version with unplayable songs. I cant work out why it's only certain songs or in 50s case, half an album because there is still other songs with references to gun, murder and drugs which haven't been censored. The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with the laws within the countries. I'm UK based and that may be why I personally cant listen to certain songs?

Marked as solution

Yeah you lot need to sort this out Spotify

More songs are now 'edited' and sounds completely rubbish.

If more come along im going over to Tidal or Apple Music

Suggested posts