Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Find (sort) is missing from my albums view

Solved!

Find (sort) is missing from my albums view

I don’t seem to have the “Find” and sort feature in my Artist view. My wife has the same version as I do (8.5.7.601) and she does. I do have this in Albums view. Any ideas how to get this?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

(iOS latest version)

My Question or Issue

27A9EE53-398C-448A-8822-BE52242912C4.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Willgalleher,

Could you try actually adding something in there, anything, so you will have something to filter to?

As noted from my badge in the bottom of my posts I'm not a Spotify Employee.

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Willgalleher, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library. 

To show the filter options and search bar for Artists simpy swipe down in the screen you're currently in from the screenshot. Then tap to reveal the available filtering options for Artists section.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks @loxer, but that doesn’t seem to work. It works in the other views but not the Artist view. Any other ideas?

Hey @Willgalleher,

Thanks for replying 🙂

That's strange. Could you try a clean reinstall of the app (note that it will remove all your downloaded songs)?

If that doesn't do the trick try Remove Offline Devices (this will disablethe download option for anything you've set to download in any other device you're signed it but simply re-enabling it will make the songs available for offline listening in an instant)  and Sign Out Everywhere options from your Spotify account page.

Also, does this happen if you try to sign in with your wife's account in your XR?

Let me know how that goes.

Uh, remove all my downloaded songs? Will I have to go find and re-download them all again?

Hey @Willgalleher,

You just have to re-download them again, they won't be removed from Your Library.

Just re-enable the download option for the songs you want to have for offline listening.

Thanks 🙂

@Loxer nope, didn’t work. Do you work for Spotify?

Marked as solution

Hey @Willgalleher,

Could you try actually adding something in there, anything, so you will have something to filter to?

As noted from my badge in the bottom of my posts I'm not a Spotify Employee.

Keep me posted 🙂

Thanks that worked. I’ll spare you the rant about this latest update then.

Thank you again.

Suggested posts