Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Four Features Missing

Four Features Missing

1) Can't search within a playlist. Amazing that no one at spotify realizes this should be a requirement for all the mobile apps before any of them were released. Searching within a list is needed so if I decide I want to hear a specific song/artist that I know is in the list while listening to the list, I don't have to stop the list from playing just to play one or two specific songs, which would be the case if I use the regular global search.... now I'd be in the artist's songs area.

2) No library view. This is on the android version, but for some retrded reason, the geniuses at spotify have decided to remove it in the latest "beta" android app, and of course it's not in the ipad app either. A big reason this was a good thing to have is because it's the only view where you can search in (they call it "filter" in the app).

3) Can't scroll quickly in a big list. I have a playlist with about 1500 songs. It takes about 30-45 seconds of finger swiping to get to the bottom. There should be a slider icon to drag up/down to quickly get anywhere in the list, like the android app has when a list has a large amount of songs.

4) Can't perform add/share/etc functions on an album or list. I have a "songs to check out" playlist that I add songs/albums to when I hear something about them that gets my interest. Today my buddy told me about an artist that he likes. I searched for the artist, and would have liked to have been able to do a long press on their "greatest hits" album, and get the option to add it to my "songs to check out" list. Instead I had to do it for each song individually. So lame.

8 Replies

I completely agree. There needs to be an Artists/Album/Library view for offline files, or within playlists. I was considering using Spotify as my main source of playing music on the go, but without this basic feature, it is very difficult to use and I will revert to just synching tracks with iTunes.

@Brent212 wrote:

4) Can't perform add/share/etc functions on an album or list. I have a "songs to check out" playlist that I add songs/albums to when I hear something about them that gets my interest. Today my buddy told me about an artist that he likes. I searched for the artist, and would have liked to have been able to do a long press on their "greatest hits" album, and get the option to add it to my "songs to check out" list. Instead I had to do it for each song individually. So lame.

Albums have their own option to add the entire album to a playlist. Search for an album, and then select it. Click on the "..." option in the top right hand corner, and then select "Add to Playlist". 

photo.JPG

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hmmm... I don't have the ipad with me right now, but I wasn't able to find that in the ipad version of the app, and it looks pretty easy to find, so I'm guessing it's not there.

On the iPad version, there should be a "+" button next to the name of the album, when you are looking on the album's panel.
Airhorn Enthusiast

1) Can't search within a playlist.

Drag the list down to reveal the "search in playlist" box. It works as a filter on title, artist or album.

On the iPad version, there should be a "+" button next to the name of the album, when you are looking on the album's panel.

Okay, I see that, but I was looking at the "Top Hit's" list for an artist, which I guess is more like a playlist than an album, so the thing that I believe is a necessity is the ability to add all the songs in one playlist to another playlist. Basically, a playlist should have the same "+" button options as an album.

Another amazing design blunder is the inability to view and edit the queue. You can queue a song, which apparently puts it after the current song, but then if you queue another, I think it goes between the currently playing song and the last queued one (even though the better behavior would have been to put it at the end of the queue). Since you can't actually see the queue (as far as I can tell anyway), there's no way to confirm how this mysterious queuing action functions without sitting through a few tests.

@Jude wrote:

1) Can't search within a playlist.

Drag the list down to reveal the "search in playlist" box. It works as a filter on title, artist or album.

Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't work in the iPad version. I drag the playlist down and it just bounces back up without revealing any search box.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one.

The only place I've found where you can drag a list down to reveal a "search within the list" is in the android version and only in the library view. Which has been removed from the new beta android app, making it even worse than the already epically bad current android app. In typical spotify developer fashion, they must have been "woah, wait, there's a somewhat useful feature, better nix that in the next release".

Suggested posts