Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freezes while typing into search

Freezes while typing into search

Hello,

Whenever I try typing terms into Search, the app suddenly freezes and typically shuts down completely. Freezing and shutting down only occurs with Search and only with the iPad app.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times, powered off my iPad to reboot, in addition to logging in with both my facebook and my user ID-password combination.  As for my iPad mini, I purchased it brand new this past April 15 and the software is up-to-date with iOS 7.1.1

For what it's worth, the above issue only began over the past couple of weeks or so.  I hope you can help.  I use Spotify daily, including on my computer and iPhone.  Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

David

2 Replies

Can you reproduce this on demand with a certain search term or does it happen randomly?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter,

Thanks for checking in.  Each occasion this has happened I was searching for something different.  However, part of the experience includes trying to retype the same words, only to see the same results: the keyboard freezes, then the app shuts down.  For example, when I used search last night, I tried typing in "six little piano pices" (a work by Arnold Schoenberg).  Each time, I got 3-5 characters into my typing when the freezing-shut down happens.  Any suggestions you could make would be much appreciated!

David

Suggested posts