Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Mobile sync spotify desktop without wifi

I have my iPhone with my premium membership. I own an MP3 that isn't on Spotify so I dragged the song into Spotify on my desktop. I can see the track on my iPhone now but it is telling me to sync the two by joining the same Wireless network and choos...

• Music Fan
  • I have my iPhone with my premium membership. I own an MP3 that isn't on Spotify so I dragged the song into Spotify on my desktop. I can see the track on my iPhone now but it is telling me to sync the...
  • compujosh
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Star vs Save and other general frustrations

As many other posters have already mentioned -- the latest update is a train wreck. The app was horribly slow playing anything which was typically done from my star tracks of which I had over 800. It seemed to me with the new update the push was to g...

• Casual Listener
  • As many other posters have already mentioned -- the latest update is a train wreck.   The app was horribly slow playing anything which was typically done from my star tracks of which I had o...
  • HarryV
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing wrong songs

Anybody who has an idea why spotify syncs wrong? If i have an local song synced, that song replace the song from the album. If i listen to MAster Of Puppets from the album spotify plays an liveversion of that song...

• Casual Listener
  • Anybody who has an idea why spotify syncs wrong? If i have an local song synced, that song replace the song from the album. If i listen to MAster Of Puppets from the album spotify plays an liveversio...
  • steffemos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iphone 5 not recognized

Hi all, Been experiencing the above as my ip5 is not appearing on the "Devices" tab. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing my router settings (enabling uPnP, etc.) but nothing works! Funny thing is tho I remember clearly my ip5 has been recognized...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Been experiencing the above as my ip5 is not appearing on the "Devices" tab. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing my router settings (enabling uPnP, etc.) but nothing work...
  • CheapTrick1977
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Your music: albums all jumbled up!

I have saved a number of albums so that I can browse them via the new Your Music section. However I now notice lots of these saved albums are all jumbled up - so gas arranged alphabetically I think, therefore rendering the Your Music section complete...

• Music Fan
  • I have saved a number of albums so that I can browse them via the new Your Music section. However I now notice lots of these saved albums are all jumbled up - so gas arranged alphabetically I think, ...
  • CheapTrick1977
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Don't bother contacting Spotify customer Service. What a joke.

I sent Customer Service a message about the new app. I got a canned response back asking me to delete the app and reinstall. They didn't even bother having a real person read my problem because in my original message I stated I already did this. What...

• Gig Goer
  • I sent Customer Service a message about the new app. I got a canned response back asking me to delete the app and reinstall.  They didn't even bother having a real person read my problem beca...
  • CheapTrick1977
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album view in Your Music

It would be great if the ios version has a sorting option to arrange the albums in alphabetical order sorted by artist. The current list makes it hard to navigate. I use the album view a lot because only this view shows me which albums are locally sa...

• Music Fan
  • It would be great if the ios version has a sorting option to arrange the albums in alphabetical order sorted by artist. The current list makes it hard to navigate. I use the album view a lot because ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why is there a search error

One night I was searching stuff and it said there was an error. It has been four days after it happened and it still says there is a search error. It also dosent load songs on my playlist or on other playlists. I tried deleting the app and reinstalli...

• Regular
  • One night I was searching stuff and it said there was an error. It has been four days after it happened and it still says there is a search error. It also dosent load songs on my playlist or on other...
  • Lancer
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetize Spotify Friends

I use Spotify quite a bit, and much of that use is sharing with individuals whom I know would like to hear more music. I can't figure out for the life of me why they aren't alphabetized in the system...? Even when I touch the letter on the left, it s...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify quite a bit, and much of that use is sharing with individuals whom I know would like to hear more music.  I can't figure out for the life of me why they aren't alphabetized in the ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS Newest Version - Annoying Changes to Playback in Newest Version 1.0.0.3251

I love the new look and feel, however, there are a few changes I think Spotify should bring BACK in the newest iOS version: 1. When you maximize the current song being played to full screen -- They have made it more difficult to perform actions while...

• Casual Listener
  • I love the new look and feel, however, there are a few changes I think Spotify should bring BACK in the newest iOS version:   1.  When you maximize the current song being played to full...
  • ashaw953
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

New IOs Changes - Not a fan

Hi Spotify, I recently upgraded my iOs Spotify app and I have to say I'm not a fan of the new menu choices. Before the update, with one tap of a finger I could select more from that artist, listen to the album, hit random, and (my favorite) Star a so...

• Hi Spotify,   I recently upgraded my iOs Spotify app and I have to say I'm not a fan of the new menu choices.  Before the update, with one tap of a finger I could select more from that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App Crashes Accessing "Your Music"

Description When I open the Spotify app on my iPhone, I view the menu and select "Your Music" and Spotify crashes (as near as I can tell), and I have to select it again from the home screen. Even after clearing Safari cache/cookies, uninstalling, res...

• Description When I open the Spotify app on my iPhone, I view the menu and select "Your Music" and Spotify crashes (as near as I can tell), and I have to select it again from the home screen.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter or search functionality in "Your Music" on iOS 7?

Hello everybody, I'm just trying to find out how to use the "Your Music" collection so it works best for me. With the old Spotify I just put all great songs I stumbled upon in my star list. Now I'd just "save" the songs within my "Your Music" collect...

• Hello everybody,   I'm just trying to find out how to use the "Your Music" collection so it works best for me. With the old Spotify I just put all great songs I stumbled upon in my star list...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files can't sync, pending

my local files on my mac does not sync to my iphone 5 ios 7.1 running the "spotify music" app v 1.0.0 it's just say "pending" and nothing happens! can someone please help!? (they worked fine before i updated to "spotify music" and they are all .mp3 f...

• Casual Listener
  • my local files on my mac does not sync to my iphone 5 ios 7.1 running the "spotify music" app v 1.0.0 it's just say "pending" and nothing happens! can someone please help!?   (they worke...
  • Rafael
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queuing issues in the new design

Anyone else experiencing issues with queuing songs in the new iPhone app? For me it's like a 50/50 chance at the moment that the track i queue plays, and if it doesn't, sometimes it just pops up like 3 tracks later? It's getting very annoying.

• Anyone else experiencing issues with queuing songs in the new iPhone app? For me it's like a 50/50 chance at the moment that the track i queue plays, and if it doesn't, sometimes it just pops up like...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very annoying (and possibly major) bugs

Using the latest version of Spotify (Free) on an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1. There are a couple of annoying bugs that I can reproduce without fail everytime. The first bug has to do with shuffling. Every couple of songs or so, if I hear a song I don't lik...

• Roadie
  • Using the latest version of Spotify (Free) on an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1. There are a couple of annoying bugs that I can reproduce without fail everytime.    The first bug has to do with ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Too buggy to use

I have been using Spotify on my Iphone 4 for a couple of years. It worked fine until the latest update. Here are some of the problems: - Changing songs takes 5-10 seconds. Meanwhile, everything freezes in the app. - Queing songs takes 5-10 seconds. M...

• I have been using Spotify on my Iphone 4 for a couple of years. It worked fine until the latest update. Here are some of the problems:   - Changing songs takes 5-10 seconds. Meanwhile, every...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is unsyncing my local files on its own

I am using in Iphone with the latest version of IOS and Spotify: I have my playlist set to available offline and my local files were just synced last night. Today, I connected my phone to my computer through wi-fi and my local files were no longer sy...

• Roadie
  • I am using in Iphone with the latest version of IOS and Spotify:     I have my playlist set to available offline and my local files were just synced last night. Today, I connected my ...
  • ws1482
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest iOS update is completely broken!

First it tells me I'm offline when on wifi. When I can get it to connect it freezes on the Browse screen. Seriously, Spotify, what is going on?! Now I can't use this at all!

• Music Fan
  • First it tells me I'm offline when on wifi.   When I can get it to connect it freezes on the Browse screen.   Seriously, Spotify, what is going on?! Now I can't use this at all!
  • cyclinghfpilot
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

new update 4/2/14... everything is slow

I just updated spotify on my iphone and it is really slow. The date is 4/2/14. When i slide to skip the song, it takes a couple seconds to load before i can skip the next song. So annoying. All my songs are downloaded. Not an internet problem. Never ...

• I just updated spotify on my iphone and it is really slow. The date is 4/2/14. When i slide to skip the song, it takes a couple seconds to load before i can skip the next song. So annoying. All my so...
  • Archleaf
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes