Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Got a mail for "Running" but App hasn't changed

Got a mail for "Running" but App hasn't changed

Hello,

I'm really looking forward to the new "Running"-feature. Yesterday, I got a mail from Spotify telling me that "Spotify Running is here" and that I should "update my app and start running". Yay, great! Well... but how do I do that? There is no update in iTunes nor an "update-button" inside the app (perhaps I missed that). I restarted the app of course, tried to logout and login again, but the main-menu still doesn't have an entry "Running". Any ideas? My app-version seems to be 3.2.0.1554.

19 Replies

Hey there, you are definitely on the right version. Does it definitely not appear for you in the left-hand navigation menu?

Thanks for your reply. I'm clicking on this "3-white-horizontal-lines"-button in the upper-left corner. There I have:
Search
Browse
Activities
Radio
Your Music
Settings
... and thats it.

I'll see if I can find out what the go is supposed to be, and get back to you.

Thanks very much for your help!

I got the same email, am using the same version, tried logging out & back in, and mine shows the exact items listed by Cangoou (Search, browse, etc.). Appreciate any help out there.

The Spotify-App was updated to 3.3.0.1640... Was about to open the champagne, but still no "Running"...

Same here!

I hace the same problem with an iPhone 6 plus

I have an Ipod 5th Gen and Iphone 5... 

Just in the Iphone the running option is available, i hope there is no restricction because GPS .. 

Can you guys please post back with the exact device, iOS version and Spotify app version you're on? Cheers.

I am using an iPod touch with iOS 8.3 and Spotify is version 3.3.0.1640. I have tried logging out then back in and deleting and reinstalling I still have yet to see the running and now sections. And I have premium.

Maybe it doesn't work for iPods? But I'd like to know either way.

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to us.

iPhone 6 MG4A2ZD/A

iOS 8.3

Spotify 3.3.0.1640

Spotify premium-account

Thanks guys. Spotify staff are currently looking into this, we'll let you know when there's an update.

I logged into spotify on my iPod earlier today and finally saw the "Running" section in the menu. So I don't know why but it is finally there now.

However, the other new things like spotify now still have yet to show up.

Hi @Eaglexc, glad to see you've now got running!

What country are you located in? Please note that Spotify Now is only rolled out to a limited set of countries for the moment.

I am in the U.S. sorry for not clarifiying that in the other post.

Now that I think about it I actually don't know if it is available in the U.S. or not.

IPOD Touch IOS 8.3
3.3.0.1640 , I am in Mexico

It's finally there! "Running" appeared this morning. I hope I can test it today or tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help. Any idea what went wrong?

Popped up suddenly also. No change to the version. Very weird.

Suggested posts