Country

Finland

Device

iPhone 14 pro & Apple Watch Series 8

Operating System

WatchOS 9.0
iOS 16.0.1

My Question or Issue
I have multiple issues with Spotify with the new devices.
1. I cannot seem to connect bluetooth headphones with Spotify. When I tap the icon to change streaming from phone to apple watch, if I have no devices connected it will ask which of the devices I would like to use, then if they are not on tries to connect and fails of course, if device is turned on and connected to the watch, it will not ask about the device and just states "Connecting..." and never connects. So this is the biggest problem as it doesnt allow me to use spotify with apple watch stand alone at all. Only as a remote for the phone.

2. I also have issues with downloading songs or podcasts to the apple watch. I used the feature from the phone "download to apple watch" but it just never appears on the downloads list. Actually the whole list just keeps "loading".

I have tried to reinstall, restart watch, use mobile data / wifi, close the app, not sure what else to try. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Nedi21,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

Just to confirm, what you mentioned is happening with other headphones you connect via Bluetooth? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, the first Apple Watch inconvenience you're mentioning was reported and is being investigated here. The second one was reported and is being investigated in this other thread. So, in this case we recommend you add your vote in the Thumbs up icon in both threads. You can also Subscribe to them in the three-dot menu; that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about them.

We really appreciate the time you took to write to us about these inconveniences.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I did try to update to iOS 9.1 public beta 2 and WatchOS 9.1 public beta 4 (i think)

Both issues are exactly the same in the later system versions. 

Lataukset = Downloads

Yhdistetään = Connecting 

signal-2022-09-22-141326_002.jpg
signal-2022-09-22-141326_003.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @Nedi21,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

Just to confirm, what you mentioned is happening with other headphones you connect via Bluetooth? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, the first Apple Watch inconvenience you're mentioning was reported and is being investigated here. The second one was reported and is being investigated in this other thread. So, in this case we recommend you add your vote in the Thumbs up icon in both threads. You can also Subscribe to them in the three-dot menu; that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about them.

We really appreciate the time you took to write to us about these inconveniences.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I was actually able to solve the issue after all with reinstalling the spotify app again on the phone after installing the public beta. I had originally reinstalled only before updating to watchos 9.1 and ios beta builds but also after that I had previously only removed the app from the watch and didnt realize it made a difference to reinstall on the phone itself 😄

Maybe this can help somebody else too. Both issues were solved.

Hey @Nedi21

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

We're glad to hear that now it's working as expected. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again, we'll be here to help. 

Have a nice day 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts