Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! Something problem with 30 day trial!

Help! Something problem with 30 day trial!

Hi!

I just wanted to try spotify and I clicked the 30 day trial. It said it will be activated on 2012-11-21 and I needed to pay 0.00. 

After this I accidentally clicked on 9.99 a month. Suddenly it changed to 9,99 and will be pad on 2012-11-21.

So did I loose this 30 day trial???

5 Replies

Oliverrr - Looks odd. Don't worry, we can sort this out. Just contact our payments team, as we'll need some personal details to sort this.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotify: shame on You!

It is not clear that the try-subscription is automatically renewed. This is what I do dislike very much. I think it's a disgrace! It’s in an arrogant way that customers are treated. Spotify: Shame on You!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It is clearly specified in section 3.4 of the End User Agreement you agree to when starting your subscription and creating your account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, for this answer...

Dear Hammeh,

Are you mad? Who will screen look and read the End User Agreement for this sort of rules in section 3.4?

Indeed, Spotify greatly benefits from the overwhelming & endless stream of Agreements users on the Internet have to agree before even being able to use free services!

But only lunatics do read this "specified in section 3.4 of the End User Agreement "... I think Spotify (and other webbased communities) should be more clear about this!

Also, because there're subscriptions for ( e.g.) one month which are terminated automatically after one month (or other specified term).

When stated 'Try Spotify For One Month For Free, Spotify should also make it utmost clear, that withouth notice the free subscription will be prolongated silently...

Not only somewhere/ someplace in the End User Agreement!

Yours sincereley,

Huub

Astrohubble - It is clearly mentioned when you sign up for the trial or a subscription that it's a month-by-month subscription. You won't need to scan the End User Agreement.

It's also mentioned in your account here once you've signed up: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts