Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help Unlinking My Local Files

Help Unlinking My Local Files

I am trying to sync playlists to my iPhone. I'm running into a problem where certain songs won't sync because they are linked to a local folder. I've gone into my Local folder and have  unlinked everything, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies

What do you mean they are linked to a local folder? If you are trying to sync a playlist that contains some songs that are stored locally on your computer, all you have to do is make sure that your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi network (this works best on a home network as some public WiFi networks have certain firewall issues) and then sync the playlist to your phone. The local files should now be playable along with any other music in the playlist. Just be sure that your phone shows up under the Devices tab in the left column of the desktop client when you are connected to the same Wifi. Hope that helps!

If you are referring to an issue where some of your local files are "linked" to songs in Spotify's catalog and playing the incorrect song, all you have to do to fix that is go into your Local Files on your computer, right click the tracks with the issue and select "Unlink track". Then just resync your playlists again and they should play the correct songs.

If you do not want Spotify to use your local music at all, go to Spotify on your PC/Mac (Computer) and go to File (on a PC) / Spotify (On a Mac) -> Preferences -> under the Local Files header below -> See Below "Show tracks from these sources" -> untick everything

@azerthelaser 

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts