Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Missing scroller on iPhones

Hi, I used to use Spotify on Android and there was a very convenient scroller on playlist that was thick enough to scroll fast back down to the end of the playlist. This never existed on iPhones. Is there any way of having this request heard from Spo...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,    I used to use Spotify on Android and there was a very convenient scroller on playlist that was thick enough to scroll fast back down to the end of the playlist. This never existe...
  • Elisamusic
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not locate my device!

So... I've noticed this is an on going problem! It really shouldn't be. I've been trying to sync local files from my desktop service to my Iphone 5. I've tried with the cable, without. I've tried logging in and out, on both devices. I've tried restar...

• Casual Listener
  • So... I've noticed this is an on going problem! It really shouldn't be.   I've been trying to sync local files from my desktop service to my Iphone 5.    I've tried with the ca...
  • l_tomlinson
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • device
    pathetic
    problem
    syncing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sync playlist to play off line

Cant find how to sync playlist to offline mode on ipod it shows my device when plugged in but nothing about syncing comes up

• Casual Listener
  • Cant find how to sync playlist to offline mode on ipod it shows my device when plugged in but nothing about syncing comes up
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you sync downloaded files in Spotify with an ipod?

Hello, Is it possible to sync the songs that you make "available offline" on spotify with a standard Ipod? It only seems to syncs my local mp3's and not the songs i download from spotify. Thanks in advance

• Hello,   Is it possible to sync the songs that you make "available offline" on spotify with a standard Ipod? It only seems to syncs my local mp3's and not the songs i download from spotify. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist disappears and won't sync across devices

Hi, I have had my starred playlist disappear every time it's created. And it wouldn't sync across devices. It's very frustrating to say the least. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I created this on an iPad Air running the latest iOS. Many thanks...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have had my starred playlist disappear every time it's created. And it wouldn't sync across devices. It's very frustrating to say the least. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I created th...
  • Tridztan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod will not sync

I just got a T4300HD MP3 MP4 player and no matter what I do, I can not get it to sync with Spotify. I'm sure I'm ignorant to this...any advice, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. I have down loaded I Tunes but I'm sure there is something that...

• I just got a T4300HD MP3 MP4 player and no matter what I do, I can not get it to sync with Spotify.  I'm sure I'm ignorant to this...any advice, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your Music" no longer synced

So I've been getting used to the "your music" interface and liking it for the most part, except yesterday, without explanation, the your music section on my iPhone was empty. Luckily it's still on my desktop app, but has anyone else expereinced this?...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've been getting used to the "your music" interface and liking it for the most part, except yesterday, without explanation, the your music section on my iPhone was empty. Luckily it's still on my...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share with "Spotify People" on iPhone (but can on Desktop app)

DescriptionUnable to share with "Spotify People" using the iPhone app. There are no issues sharing tracks using the Desktop client. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and since reactivating it I am no longer able to share using the iPhone app...

• Description Unable to share with "Spotify People" using the iPhone app. There are no issues sharing tracks using the Desktop client. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and since reactivating...
  • Gidyin
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Synced Playlists streaming data usage

I have synced playlists. Because many of the tracks in my playlis will not play in "offline" mode, I need to be online. If I'm online and the tracks are synced, do they still use data over my 4g or do they play from the local device? thanks, Joe

• I have synced playlists.  Because many of the tracks in my playlis will not play in "offline" mode, I need to be online.  If I'm online and the tracks are synced, do they still use data ove...
  • Rafael
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! app says I'm offline when I'm not, won't open

Tried to open iPhone app and I get the Browse screen that tells me I'm offline. Checked other apps, all open fine, I AM online. When I click in the upper left corner nothing happens, like it's locked. Very frustrating, as this renders the app totally...

• Roadie
  • Tried to open iPhone app and I get the Browse screen that tells me I'm offline. Checked other apps, all open fine, I AM online. When I click in the upper left corner nothing happens, like it's locked...
  • jackory
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login behind a firewall via a proxy server

Hi all, Hopeing someone can help, I have been asked to get the Spotify app working within my school on iPads. At first we thought it was the Proxy/webfilter which all web traffic is directed at. I released the various IP address mentioned in the post...

• Hi all,   Hopeing someone can help, I have been asked to get the Spotify app working within my school on iPads. At first we thought it was the Proxy/webfilter which all web traffic is direct...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • firewall
    proxy server
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No way to filter synched files only?

I'm new to Spotify, but have used other services like Rdio and Deezer. In both of these, there is an easy and obvious way to show only your synchronized files, so that you can browse and play freely without the worry of having in internet connection....

• Music Fan
  • I'm new to Spotify, but have used other services like Rdio and Deezer. In both of these, there is an easy and obvious way to show only your synchronized files, so that you can browse and play freely ...
  • cdechery
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Compound issue: Can't sort playlists AND can't remove from playlist while listening to a song

So there are two issues: 1) You can't sort a playlist by Arist or Song 2) You can't delete a song when you are on the "cover art" screen This creates an issue when I want to modify playlists live. There is no "remove from playlist option" when I list...

• Casual Listener
  • So there are two issues:   1) You can't sort a playlist by Arist or Song 2) You can't delete a song when you are on the "cover art" screen   This creates an issue when  I wan...
  • k3v032
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • custom
    Sort Artists
    Sort Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home?

How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home? Current scenerio: I live in a large home with multiple levels. I have networked device(s) in each room with the Spotify app installed on each. In order to listen ...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home?   Current scenerio:  I live in a large home with multiple levels. I have networked device(s) in e...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

If I click anything during a search, Spotify acts like I "cancelled" the search.

I sure hope this was a mistake on Spotify's end. After a search, if I click on anything the search disapears and the list of songs and order goes back to what it would have been before the search. The "cancel search" animation is shown. For example, ...

• Visitor
  • I sure hope this was a mistake on Spotify's end.   After a search, if I click on anything the search disapears and the list of songs and order goes back to what it would have been before the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unlimited on mobile

Hi, i was just wondering i love having spotify on my phone but are there any perks for unlimited subscribers on mobile coming such as not getting served ads? thanks!

• Regular
  • Hi,   i was just wondering i love having spotify on my phone but are there any perks for unlimited subscribers on mobile coming such as not getting served ads?   thanks!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5s iOS 7 sharing issue

I have a Premium account and a iPhone 5s with ios7. I am unable to share tracks via SMS or email. Each time I try to share a track a window pops up and disappear immediately and am return to the screen with track I am trying to share. Is anyone else ...

• I have a Premium account and a iPhone 5s with ios7. I am unable to share tracks via SMS or email. Each time I try to share a track a window pops up and disappear immediately and am return to the scre...
  • SegmentZero
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on iPhone

My account has stopped working we are given premium as part of our contract with work. Why has it stopped working?

• My account has stopped working we are given premium as part of our contract with work. Why has it stopped working?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs will skip automatically and count skips against me.

Using an iPhone 5. Songs seem to skip by themselves for no reason. It also counts as a skip for me, and it's getting really annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Using an iPhone 5. Songs seem to skip by themselves for no reason. It also counts as a skip for me, and it's getting really annoying.
  • aten97
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play repeats songs

So I am using shuffle play for my playlist on IOS 7 of about 250 songs. On two seperate occasions today, I heard the same song and I had'nt been listening that long either time. This is not the first time I noticed this. For some reason when you shuf...

• Roadie
  • So I am using shuffle play for my playlist on IOS 7 of about 250 songs. On two seperate occasions today, I heard the same song and I had'nt been listening that long either time. This is not the first...
  • elmerb
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes