Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

QUESTION

Hey guys I love spotify it Awesome! But I have a question, do I need the internet/wifi/data to listen to songs? Can I play my playlist like I would iTunes for example? I'm going out to the country where I will have no reception and I'm curious to kno...

• Hey guys I love spotify it Awesome! But I have a question, do I need the internet/wifi/data to listen to songs? Can I play my playlist like I would iTunes for example? I'm going out to the country wh...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP!! Real novice needs help in adding playlists to IPOD TOUCH

I have attached Ipod Touch via USB cable and Spotify says it is connected. When i Click on instal playlists manually, how do i move them accross as they all come up with the (line through circle symbol). Also, when I click sync all music nothing happ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have attached Ipod Touch via USB cable and Spotify says it is connected.  When i Click on instal playlists manually, how do i move them accross as they all come up with the (line through circl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Only let's me shuffle

It used to be that when I wanted to hear a track, I would tap it, and it'd play. Now though, on my mobile device, it only lets me shuffle

• It used to be that when I wanted to hear a track, I would tap it, and it'd play. Now though, on my mobile device, it only lets me shuffle
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's launcher icon is sometimes invinsible

My Spotify Icon has disappeared from my iPad Air. I have to go to the App Store to open it. How can I get it back?

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify Icon has disappeared from my iPad Air.  I have to go to the App Store to open it.  How can I get it back?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost Playlists on ipone but still there on pc

Hi, After upgrading to premium, all my playlists are gone on my iphone. They are however still there when i access the account from my pc. Also the search function is no longer working on the iphone. All i get is the message: an error occured. Have t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   After upgrading to premium, all my playlists are gone on my iphone. They are however still there when i access the account from my pc.   Also the search function is no longer...
  • polarsverige
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not appearing on my Public Profile

The last two playlists I have made do not seem to be appearing on my public profile despite people subscribing to them. Playlists are listed in order of most subscribed then in a descending order. However they do not appear despite being within these...

• Community Legend
  • The last two playlists I have made do not seem to be appearing on my public profile despite people subscribing to them. Playlists are listed in order of most subscribed then in a descending order. H...
  • Gidyin
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is ANYBODY listening - THIS close to jacking it in...

Tried to get used to new interface before posting Come across nobodywho likes it Slow - v e r y l a g g y Less is more Got to point of re instalkling older version every time log on despite trying to write gost text files .exe etc as shown online eve...

• Tried to get used to new interface before posting Come across nobodywho likes it  Slow - v e r y  l a g g y  Less is more  Got to point of re instalkling older version eve...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 5 Offline mode

Hello, I have noticed over the past few weeks and most recently as AT&T has notified me that I am greatly approaching my 2GB Data Cap as I did more research I noticed that the most data being used is when I use spotify at the gym. I downloaded an pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have noticed over the past few weeks and most recently as AT&T has notified me that I am greatly approaching my 2GB Data Cap as I did more research I noticed that the most dat...
  • andymcb
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files will not sync

I have an iPod touch updated to the latest firmware. For some reason, the last time I synced it, my playlists synced fine, including all the local files. Now, it refuses to sync the tracks and I can't play them. WHY?? Also, it would be nice to just s...

• Music Fan
  • I have an iPod touch updated to the latest firmware. For some reason, the last time I synced it, my playlists synced fine, including all the local files. Now, it refuses to sync the tracks and I can'...
  • unsurety
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ipod
    problem
    touch
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Greyed out tracks after cancellation

Hi, A couple days ago my Spotify was cancelled, all good. But ever since my iPhone wont let me play any tracks, they are all greyed out, but if I click shuffle it plays (in shuffle obvs). 'Offline Mode' and 'Available Offline' are off. Theres a scree...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, A couple days ago my Spotify was cancelled, all good. But ever since my iPhone wont let me play any tracks, they are all greyed out, but if I click shuffle it plays (in shuffle obvs). 'Offline Mo...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 won´t sync

I am choosing "Manually choose playlists to sync" in Spotify to sync a few albums to my iPhone 5, but they do not show up on my phone. How difficult can it be?

• Visitor
  • I am choosing "Manually choose playlists to sync" in Spotify to sync a few albums to my iPhone 5, but they do not show up on my phone. How difficult can it be?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Share and Play Group

Ipad / iphone iosWas enjoying spotify until nowWant to share playlist with another spotify user. (Non facebook)Search in 'friends' entering spotify user name......does not workInputting 'spotify:user:USERNAME' in general search brings up user but the...

• Ipad / iphone ios Was enjoying spotify until now Want to share playlist with another spotify user. (Non facebook) Search in 'friends' entering spotify user name......does not work Inputting '...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect does not work between iOS and Windows 7 on LAN (not WiFi)

Is there a way to use the remote control feature to control Windows Spotfiy on a computer that is plugged into ethernet from an iPhone on the same network?

• Is there a way to use the remote control feature to control Windows Spotfiy on a computer that is plugged into ethernet from an iPhone on the same network?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing scroller on iPhones

Hi, I used to use Spotify on Android and there was a very convenient scroller on playlist that was thick enough to scroll fast back down to the end of the playlist. This never existed on iPhones. Is there any way of having this request heard from Spo...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,    I used to use Spotify on Android and there was a very convenient scroller on playlist that was thick enough to scroll fast back down to the end of the playlist. This never existe...
  • Elisamusic
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not locate my device!

So... I've noticed this is an on going problem! It really shouldn't be. I've been trying to sync local files from my desktop service to my Iphone 5. I've tried with the cable, without. I've tried logging in and out, on both devices. I've tried restar...

• Casual Listener
  • So... I've noticed this is an on going problem! It really shouldn't be.   I've been trying to sync local files from my desktop service to my Iphone 5.    I've tried with the ca...
  • l_tomlinson
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • device
    pathetic
    problem
    syncing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sync playlist to play off line

Cant find how to sync playlist to offline mode on ipod it shows my device when plugged in but nothing about syncing comes up

• Casual Listener
  • Cant find how to sync playlist to offline mode on ipod it shows my device when plugged in but nothing about syncing comes up
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you sync downloaded files in Spotify with an ipod?

Hello, Is it possible to sync the songs that you make "available offline" on spotify with a standard Ipod? It only seems to syncs my local mp3's and not the songs i download from spotify. Thanks in advance

• Hello,   Is it possible to sync the songs that you make "available offline" on spotify with a standard Ipod? It only seems to syncs my local mp3's and not the songs i download from spotify. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist disappears and won't sync across devices

Hi, I have had my starred playlist disappear every time it's created. And it wouldn't sync across devices. It's very frustrating to say the least. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I created this on an iPad Air running the latest iOS. Many thanks...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have had my starred playlist disappear every time it's created. And it wouldn't sync across devices. It's very frustrating to say the least. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I created th...
  • Tridztan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod will not sync

I just got a T4300HD MP3 MP4 player and no matter what I do, I can not get it to sync with Spotify. I'm sure I'm ignorant to this...any advice, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. I have down loaded I Tunes but I'm sure there is something that...

• I just got a T4300HD MP3 MP4 player and no matter what I do, I can not get it to sync with Spotify.  I'm sure I'm ignorant to this...any advice, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes