Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

It's still happening!!

The original post I've seen about the Spotify app crashing was months ago, 7 months to be exact. It's happening to me now!!! I can't even use the app. I cancelled my monthly subscription. What's the point in paying for it monthly if I can't even use ...

• The original post I've seen about the Spotify app crashing was months ago, 7 months to be exact. It's happening to me now!!! I can't even use the app. I cancelled my monthly subscription. What's the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming to wrong device

Hey there, we have two connected devices. With the former version, if you start playing a song of one device the music stopped on th other. That's ok. But now if listening to music on device one and someone (logged into the same account) try to start...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, we have two connected devices. With the former version, if you start playing a song of one device the music stopped on th other. That's ok. But now if listening to music on device one an...
  • Yessgo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting for S to sync with nano...where is the sync button?

Ok... please help. Why is their not a 'sync button' in the program like itunes has? can i speak to the designer? Are you mad for not putting the simple piece of design in the setup. If Itune has it their must be a good reason. Ive waited too long for...

• Visitor
  •   Ok... please help. Why is their not a 'sync button' in the program like itunes has? can i speak to the designer? Are you mad for not   putting the simple piece of design in the setu...
  • kfiasche
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS app screwed up

I've had this happen on two different iPhones (5 and 5S) and iPad Mini Retina today. I'll be playing a song and it will randomly skip to another song. As if someone else is playing my playlist and changing the song. Then I was playing on a Bluetooth ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this happen on two different iPhones (5 and 5S) and iPad Mini Retina today. I'll be playing a song and it will randomly skip to another song. As if someone else is playing my playlist and ch...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle problem with iPhone

I like to use shuffle, in all off my playlists, but when I'm using Spotify on my iPhone 4S, and I'm shuffelin, but I want to listen to one particular song, I find the song, listen to it, and I'm expecting the shuffle to still be on, like after the so...

• I like to use shuffle, in all off my playlists, but when I'm using Spotify on my iPhone 4S, and I'm shuffelin, but I want to listen to one particular song, I find the song, listen to it, and I'm...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

25 seconds lag before u can advance to next song

Following the latest pushed Spotify update it takes more than 25 seconds before you are able to advance to next/previous song. It used to be instantly swapping the screening to right or left. iPHONE iOS 7.1

• Following the latest pushed Spotify update it takes more than 25 seconds before you are able to advance to next/previous song. It used to be instantly swapping the screening to right or left. iPHONE ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

How to move from Unlimited to Premium without using a Credit Card

I used a $10 gift card. And said that I had unlimited. But I want Premium. What should I do if I don't hava credit Card.

• Regular
  • I used a $10 gift card. And said that I had unlimited. But I want Premium. What should I do if I don't hava credit Card.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1.0 update uses cell data instead of playing offline playlists

So I notice that when using the app in offline mode it seems much better. I believe that when playing back tracks from your offline playlist and when you are on cell data the app is retrieving tracks and artwork from the cloud as opposed to using the...

• Regular
  • So I notice that when using the app in offline mode it seems much better. I believe that when playing back tracks from your offline playlist and when you are on cell data the app is retrieving tracks...
  • stevengupta
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS Offline Mode quality? MiniBMW Y-Cable quality AWFUL

What quality is on Offline mode?? I wanted to use this in my Mini (BMW) Clubman, but the quality coming through the Y-Cable is dreadful. I know its a slim chance, but anyone else have/had this issue?

• Regular
  • What quality is on Offline mode??   I wanted to use this in my Mini (BMW) Clubman, but the quality coming through the Y-Cable is dreadful.  I know its a slim chance, but anyone else hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Following Spotify Users on Facebook

Hi there, I have just installed the Spotify App on my iPhone, however I can't seem to find any of my friends who use Spotify with their Facebook? My Friend has a playlist he wants me to follow, but when I do a search for his profile on my iPhone, I c...

• Hi there,   I have just installed the Spotify App on my iPhone, however I can't seem to find any of my friends who use Spotify with their Facebook?  My Friend has a playlist he wants me...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does IOS Store Offline Music? (NOT for the reason everyone asks to steal music)

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not asking for the reaons of trying to copy it or what ever. Let me explain where this question came from. So a few months ago my device would ping me when I got home and say "Hey, your icloud is fu...

• I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not asking for the reaons of trying to copy it or what ever. Let me explain where this question came from.    So a few months ago my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loss of playlists and albums after 1.0.0.3251

After the latest black and white update from April the 2nd I have lost lots of playlists. ( & yes I I know they are now located under Your Music ) Most upsettingly a lot of Underworld albums have gone missing and are no longer in Spotify. I have Spot...

• After the latest black and white update from April the 2nd I have lost lots of playlists. ( & yes I I know they are now located under Your Music )    Most upsettingly a lot of Unde...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 4 offline playlists de-synching

Hi, Spotify on my iPhone 4 sometimes 'de-synchs' the songs that I have downloaded for use offline. It used to be an occasional annoyance (maybe once a month or less) and I could just about put up with it. However, since the latest app update it has h...

• Hi,    Spotify on my iPhone 4 sometimes 'de-synchs' the songs that I have downloaded for use offline. It used to be an occasional annoyance (maybe once a month or less) and I could...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving Albums on Mobile

Using version 1.0.0.3251 on iOS. It doesn't appear (at least I don't know how) to have the option to save albums or tracks or artists. Is this a feature that is only going to be included in the desktop and/or web versions? Or, is it only enabled afte...

• Regular
  • Using version 1.0.0.3251 on iOS.    It doesn't appear (at least I don't know how) to have the option to save albums or tracks or artists. Is this a feature that is only going to be incl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

No Available Offline!

Hi there, I`got Premium. Now starts my 30days trial period. I`ve tried to made an album available offline, but automaticly indicate me to make subscribe to Premium... What can i do?

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I`got Premium. Now starts my 30days trial period. I`ve tried to made an album available offline, but automaticly indicate me to make subscribe to Premium...  What can i do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod Nano 7G

Is it still not possible to snyc spotify with a nano 7g?

• Regular
  • Is it still not possible to snyc spotify with a nano 7g?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Clarify Ipod Shuffle Issue

Hi Just wanted to clarify what I am pretty sure is the case, but even though I have a Spotify Premium Membership, I can't put playlists, even those avaliable offline onto an Ipod Shuffle? Is this is the case it may not be worth my while keeping the m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Just wanted to clarify what I am pretty sure is the case, but even though I have a Spotify Premium Membership, I can't put playlists, even those avaliable offline onto an Ipod Shuffle?&...
  • yourboywillis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NEW Default mobile Location reset is TERRIBLE

Now whenever I open my iPhone Spotify client it resets to a useless promotion window. I want it to just open to the last playlist I had open like it used to. Seriously, I love spotify, but this is a multiple times a day irritation, and its making me ...

• Now whenever I open my iPhone Spotify client it resets to a useless promotion window.   I want it to just open to the last playlist I had open like it used to.   Seriously, I love ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please save a 7 year olds holiday from being ruined :(

Hi administrators My daughter and I are due to go on holiday in 6 hours and i am desperately trying to get her ipod nano synced with my pc. It worked earlier but i noticed the syncing of local files was killing all the space so when i rectified this ...

• Hi administrators   My daughter and I are due to go on holiday in 6 hours and i am desperately trying to get her ipod nano synced with my pc.    It worked earlier but i noticed...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share music on my new iphone 5s. Please help.

Hello, I got an iphone 5s last week and now can no longer share music with my friends. When I try to send a song via an SMS, I tap "send" and nothing happens. If I tap it enough times, eventually, the screen disappears as if it had been sent, but the...

• Hello,   I got an iphone 5s last week and now can no longer share music with my friends. When I try to send a song via an SMS, I tap "send" and nothing happens. If I tap it enough times, eve...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes