Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify ios 4 still not working !

Hello all, I'm usually happy to see problems self resolve with time, but this had been dragging on too long... I can't use my iphone 3G to listen to Spotify anymore (it's been a few months now), it just quits during the first song ! Used to work fine...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I'm usually happy to see problems self resolve with time, but this had been dragging on too long... I can't use my iphone 3G to listen to Spotify anymore (it's been a few months...
  • RockChick535
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Not scrobbling to last.fm

Recently spotify on my iPhone has randomly stopped scrobbling to last.fm. Sometimes I can re enable this by turning off scrobbling and then reentering my details and turning it back on but this doesn't make up for the sometimes 100's of tracks lost b...

• Regular
  • Recently spotify on my iPhone has randomly stopped scrobbling to last.fm.  Sometimes I can re enable this by turning off scrobbling and then reentering my details and turning it back on but this...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

STARRED PLAYLIST FUNCTION VS YOUR MUSIC FUNCTION

Before the 'Your Music' update I would listen to my 'starred' playlist in offline mode (I used this playlist for new music I had discovered but not listened to). If I liked a song I could add to a playlist and if I didn't, I could unstar it. I have s...

• Casual Listener
  • Before the 'Your Music' update I would listen to my 'starred' playlist in offline mode (I used this playlist for new music I had discovered but not listened to).   If I liked a song I could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Play track

I know this problem has been posted, but I have tried everything suggested and still have had no success. I start playing from my playlists. Some songs play with no problem. Then another song will start playing, only to stop halfway through and give ...

• Regular
  • I know this problem has been posted, but I have tried everything suggested and still have had no success.  I start playing  from my playlists.  Some songs play with no problem.  T...
  • sfelix1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Album Button

There seems to be no Album button appearing on my Ipad app. The desktop version it appears under the "Your Music" section. but theres no such option on ipad? Anyone know why or if theres a solution? Cheers guys, Kyle

• There seems to be no Album button appearing on my Ipad app.   The desktop version it appears under the "Your Music" section. but theres no such option on ipad?   Anyone know why or ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum number of songs

I have a problem with the ammount of song I can download in offline modus. On the spotify website I read that you have a maximum of 3333 song to download, but when I try downloading playlist on my iPhone it wont download more songs when I'm around 20...

• I have a problem with the ammount of song I can download in offline modus. On the spotify website I read that you have a maximum of 3333 song to download, but when I try downloading playlist on my iP...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't use the offline mode

Hello everybody I recently subscribed to spotify premium and I can't hear my playlist on the offline mode, one message is displayed suggesting me to upgrade to spotify premium. What can I do?

• Hello everybody I recently subscribed to spotify premium and I can't hear my playlist on the offline mode, one message is displayed suggesting me to upgrade to spotify premium. What can I do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to search for offline music when i have no internet connection

Hello, Why am I not able to search through the offline music on my iPad when the internetconnection has been lost? I'm for sure this option worked for a very long time untill a few months ago. Is this a faillure on my iPad or is it a setting Spotify ...

• Hello,   Why am I not able to search through the offline music on my iPad when the internetconnection has been lost? I'm for sure this option worked for a very long time untill a few months ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS v.1 update - "Your Music" not all showing

Hi community, I have the "Your Music" feature, and after the upgrade on iOS to v.1, I can no longer see all of the music in the "Your Music" feature. It says that all songs have been reserved for offline from the offline playlist, but they are not av...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   I have the "Your Music" feature, and after the upgrade on iOS to v.1, I can no longer see all of the music in the "Your Music" feature. It says that all songs have been reser...
  • harvy2004
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Album Art Or Track Info For Local Files On Lock screen

Hi, I have noticed that when I play my local files on my iPhone 5 the album art and track details do not appear on the lock screen. This has been going on since the major update. It's very annoying and I am seriously thinking of leaving as I can't se...

• Hi,   I have noticed that when I play my local files on my iPhone 5 the album art and track details do not appear on the lock screen. This has been going on since the major update. It's very...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only one Offline device but not syncing Offline Playlists anymore?

Heya So after reading similar posts from the helpful bods on here, i now only have one registered offline device (my iPhone 5), it currently has about 3,600 offline tracks on, it has 17.1GB of available space but one of my playlists (170 odd tracks -...

• Heya   So after reading similar posts from the helpful bods on here, i now only have one registered offline device (my iPhone 5), it currently has about 3,600 offline tracks on, it has 17.1G...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 5
    Offline playlists unavailable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wheres WALL-E?

Hi all,We recently went premium and the whole family are very satisfied so far. We are using the iPad 3, iPhone 4 and 4S and Roku 3's to stream tunes etc. The other day I searched for the WALL-E soundtrack, found it and played it no worries, it had a...

• Regular
  • Hi all, We recently went premium and the whole family are very satisfied so far. We are using the iPad 3, iPhone 4 and 4S and Roku 3's to stream tunes etc. The other day I searched for the WAL...
  • bjbuilt
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Beeping Won't Stop!

I've been using the Spotify mobile app for awhile and I have been experiencing this problem only when I'm in my car: 0.) Car has been started. iPhone is on. 1.) I plug my iPhone into the car through the audio cable. 2.) Music starts playing. 3.) The ...

• I've been using the Spotify mobile app for awhile and I have been experiencing this problem only when I'm in my car:   0.) Car has been started. iPhone is on. 1.) I plug my iPhone into the...
  • TheDre
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify iphone app very buggy on iPhone 5 (slow to skip songs, crashes regularly, etc.)

I am a premium customer and recently upgraded to version 1.0.0.3251 on my iPhone 5 and I've been experiencing several problems. First, it takes a really long time to switch between songs (in the previous version it was instantaneous). Second, the son...

• I am a premium customer and recently upgraded to version 1.0.0.3251 on my iPhone 5 and I've been experiencing several problems. First, it takes a really long time to switch between songs (in the prev...
  • Armokk
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Apple iPhone app
    Crash
    iphone 5
    skip
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Login Failed..

Mac computer login begins properly then freezes (spinning beachball) then abruptly quits. Tried w/ another older Mac, same result. Tried w/ third much older Mac successfully. Same great music system as always. Identical username/password used for all...

• Mac computer login begins properly then freezes (spinning beachball) then abruptly quits. Tried w/ another older Mac, same result. Tried w/ third much older Mac successfully.  Same great mus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide playlist "local files" in ipod touch

Hi! Is there a way to hide playlist "local files" in ipod touch?I believe that the list refers to local files on the computer and I see no use for it to be shown on the ipod. I have a Galaxy S5 and that same list is not shown. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Is there a way to hide playlist "local files" in ipod touch? I believe that the list refers to local files on the computer and I see no use for it to be shown on the ipod. I have a Galaxy S5...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle won't stop

So I downloaded the spotify app version 0.9.2 and I'm trying to play hail to the kings and I tap in it, but the only option is to shuffle the music. Anyone know how to skip this or disable it?

• So I downloaded the spotify app version 0.9.2 and I'm trying to play hail to the kings and I tap in it, but the only option is to shuffle the music. Anyone know how to skip this or disable it?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to add entire album to Playlist on iPad app?

I may be overlooking something obvious but each time I click the + to create a playlist for an entire album, a + icon shows up in the cover art icon spot with the album name but it's not saving the playlist. Please direct me to an answer...never had ...

• I may be overlooking something obvious but each time I click the + to create a playlist for an entire album, a + icon shows up in the cover art icon spot with the album name but it's not saving the p...
  • volker-d
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes