Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Solved!

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Hello everyone,

I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation on iOS 6.1.6. Unless a song is downloaded, when I try to play it, the app immediately crashes. This issue started after the 1.4.0 update. I tried a hard reset and that didn't help, and I REALLY don't want to have to re download the app.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christian

Rockin them drums

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Correct. As the iPod Touch 4th Generation only has 256MB RAM, it cannot handle iOS 7. iOS 7/8 beta is only supported by devices with 512-1024MB RAM.

Rockin them drums

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there,

as of now, it seems like the crashing glitch has been fixed.

Rockin them drums

View solution in original post

46 Replies

Description

Spotify crash on iOS while searching for facebook friends

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. open Spotify

2. go to your profile

3. tap the who to follow button on the right upper edge

4. tap find friends from facebook

5. loading some data

6. crash

What I expected to happen

I expected an overview of my facebook friends

What actually happened

the app crashed completely and goes back to a last saved state?!

there's a song loaded I heard like 3 days ago

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

iOS 7.1.1

Is your device jailbroken?

no

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

more than 10 but not more than 30

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

latest

My provider and country

T-Mobile Germany

My username

punkenciel

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

@punkenciel Don't seem to be having this problem, can you try logging in and out and reinstalling your Spotify application?

My Facebook friends all show up pretty well!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@

tried that but didn't succeed 😞 I also installed the new version 1.4 - still the same prob- even after logging out in re-install again 😞

Ah - I got some crash reports collected from my iphone - should I post here or directly to an email adress?

I decided to go ahead and re-download the app. That didn't help..

Rockin them drums

Hello? Anyone?

Rockin them drums

Hey, for whatever reason, restarting your iOS device by holding both the home and power buttons down for a couple of seconds have helped several users solve a variety of iOS issues in the past. Maybe that will help?

Already tried and tried again. Doesn't work.
Rockin them drums

Man, that is super frustrating...I'm assuming you are streaming over reliable Wifi and that the app works in offline mode, right?

Yep. I recall it working fine before the 1.4.0 update. The last 2 app updates have only made the functionality on iOS 6 worse. It makes me sad that spotify doesn't take older iOS users into consideration!
Rockin them drums

Also, it frustrates me that I'm a premium user and I get no support. I tried twitter and they won't even reply to that.
Rockin them drums

Have you considered your WiFi connection settings? Are you using a secured or unsecured network? 

Please consider the changes in WiFi bandwith (AOL, B, G, N) since the last release of iPod touch. Another consideration could be the compatibility of Spotify, for streaming music, with your I.S.P. Consdering an increase in your bandwith with your current ISP could improve the quality of your Spotify stream.

Hey, you can get in touch with the support guys hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

It's not an internet issue. My brother that lives with me has an iPhone 4S and an iPad 4, he also has Spotify Premium. He has no problem streaming songs from his devices. And I know the issue isn't my device either. I used to do it all the time.

Rockin them drums

I'm assuming (without looking it up) that your iPod Touch can't be upgraded to iOS 7?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you open a case with Spotify support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Then reply to the automated email with the reports, the technical team can take a look. 😉 

Peter

that's a no reply address! 😉 never mind?! 😉

Yeah, reply any ways - it isn't really a "no reply". 😉

Peter

Marked as solution

Correct. As the iPod Touch 4th Generation only has 256MB RAM, it cannot handle iOS 7. iOS 7/8 beta is only supported by devices with 512-1024MB RAM.

Rockin them drums

Suggested posts