Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Community Legend
Hey bro @Drumrocker365 I used to have an iPad 1 that runs on 256MB on ram, and even Safari crashes on that.. So you might have to contact spotify support and let them know about this issue.
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?_ga=1.12208316.960391241.140414060...

@Peter__ can you kindly unaccept the solution, got the wrong button again
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Highlighted

Re: Find Facebook Friends Crash

Community Legend
you should receive a reply in the next 24 hours or so, if you don't just post your case ID and we will chase it up.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Highlighted

Roadie

I contacted Spotify. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Rockin them drums
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Also, it might help to quit out of all other applications before you want to stream with Spotify as music streaming might be memory intensive on an older device like yours. I think you can end tasks on your phone by double clicking the home button and swiping right on all the apps you want to quit out of.
Highlighted

Re: Find Facebook Friends Crash

Regular
This is my case # 01589941

Just copied as much as possible from the iPhone stack trace to the developers
Highlighted

Roadie
I was able to play a few songs doing that, then it crashed.. It all used to work just fine.
Rockin them drums
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

@Drumrocker365 wrote:

It's not an internet issue. My brother that lives with me has an iPhone 4S and an iPad 4, he also has Spotify Premium. He has no problem streaming songs from his devices. And I know the issue isn't my device either. I used to do it all the time.

Hi @Drumrocker365 is your brother also on the latest verison of the Spotify app? Could you confirm the iOS of those devices too? 

Have you given the web player a try? Is that working for you when you try to stream? 

Highlighted

Roadie

My brother has the lastest version of the app with iOS 7.1.1 (LATEST iOS: 7.1.2).

Rockin them drums
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same setup, and am experiencing the same issue. When connected to wifi, if I load Spotify on my iPod it will crash after one or two seconds. It is completely infuriating. 

Spotify works fine on my desktop. Please update if you hear back from Spotify support, or let me know if I can +1 an issue somewhere.

Highlighted

Roadie

It looks like you may be having a different issue. The app doesn't crash on launch when connected to wifi. I can play songs fine that are available offline (since I am a Premium subscriber), but songs that I want to stream and not nessisarily download, don't work. It causes teh app to crash.

Rockin them drums
SUGGESTED POSTS