Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Solved!

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Hello everyone,

I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation on iOS 6.1.6. Unless a song is downloaded, when I try to play it, the app immediately crashes. This issue started after the 1.4.0 update. I tried a hard reset and that didn't help, and I REALLY don't want to have to re download the app.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christian

Rockin them drums
46 Replies

Hey bro @Drumrocker365 I used to have an iPad 1 that runs on 256MB on ram, and even Safari crashes on that.. So you might have to contact spotify support and let them know about this issue.
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?_ga=1.12208316.960391241.140414060...

@Peter__ can you kindly unaccept the solution, got the wrong button again
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

you should receive a reply in the next 24 hours or so, if you don't just post your case ID and we will chase it up.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I contacted Spotify. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Rockin them drums

Also, it might help to quit out of all other applications before you want to stream with Spotify as music streaming might be memory intensive on an older device like yours. I think you can end tasks on your phone by double clicking the home button and swiping right on all the apps you want to quit out of.

This is my case # 01589941

Just copied as much as possible from the iPhone stack trace to the developers

I was able to play a few songs doing that, then it crashed.. It all used to work just fine.
Rockin them drums

@Drumrocker365 wrote:

It's not an internet issue. My brother that lives with me has an iPhone 4S and an iPad 4, he also has Spotify Premium. He has no problem streaming songs from his devices. And I know the issue isn't my device either. I used to do it all the time.

Hi @Drumrocker365 is your brother also on the latest verison of the Spotify app? Could you confirm the iOS of those devices too? 

Have you given the web player a try? Is that working for you when you try to stream? 

My brother has the lastest version of the app with iOS 7.1.1 (LATEST iOS: 7.1.2).

Rockin them drums

I have the same setup, and am experiencing the same issue. When connected to wifi, if I load Spotify on my iPod it will crash after one or two seconds. It is completely infuriating. 

Spotify works fine on my desktop. Please update if you hear back from Spotify support, or let me know if I can +1 an issue somewhere.

It looks like you may be having a different issue. The app doesn't crash on launch when connected to wifi. I can play songs fine that are available offline (since I am a Premium subscriber), but songs that I want to stream and not nessisarily download, don't work. It causes teh app to crash.

Rockin them drums

Hi @goodforenergy Could you confirm the following details for us? Thanks!

1. Your exact device

2. Device's iOS

3. The Spotify app version installed

Hey @punkenciel I've just merged your thread here as I believe these issues are quite similar. We're looking into this for you guys--as soon as I have an update I'll post again here. 

Thanks!

thanks @Meredith

another question: does anyone know how to copy the whole iPhone Stacktrace from Diagnostics & Data?

There are severel trace logs from the crashes and I'm not able to copy the whole one :((

Hi @Meredith, 

Thanks for the quick response.

1. I have an Apple MC547ZP/A iPod Touch (4th Gen, 64GB)

2. iOS 6.1.6 (10B500)

3. Up to date with the latest update available in the store

I had a look at the error logs - there is one for the spotify crash but not yet sure how to get it off the ipod yet.. I noticed my memory was low, so I'm just freeing up some memory in case that helps.

Marked as solution

Hey there,

as of now, it seems like the crashing glitch has been fixed.

Rockin them drums

Hi everyone, just a short note, everytime someone is resetting my account or my password, my spotify app keeps crashing too - this might be a bug too? 😉

Yay! Glad Spotify is working for you again Drumrocker.

Hey punkenciel, what exactly do you mean by resetting your account?

And.. back to the same crashing issue..

Rockin them drums

For crashes, you guys can screenshot it as pictures or try to copy and paste by press holding on the text -> select all -> copy.
I'm here to shuffle!

Wait what? Please be more specific.

Rockin them drums

Suggested posts