Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help needed with Horrible Daily Mix

Solved!

Help needed with Horrible Daily Mix

Is it possible to delete daily mixes? Of the four I have available, three are horrible! I can't understand how Spotify came up with them. They don't seem to contain any songs I like. I just don't understand it. It seems a complete waste of time. I've tried to improve them but every time I start listening I want to remove every song I hear. If it's possible I would like to completely delete them. 

The fourth daily mix I absolutely love. I am so confused how Spotify could get that one so right and the others so wrong ....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Tikke007 : ) 

As you say, you`re using Spotify from quite a while, so there are no previous activity Daily Mix to get data from! 

The Daily Mix suggest you songs that you already have in your playlists or you`ve listened the most, and also suggest you similar tracks to this ones. So create more playlists, add more songs to them and keep on listening. 

You can`t delete songs, but you can hit the "Unlike" button, so you can restrict from similar tracks in future. 

About the other question, why you have only one daily mix: Every Daily Mix is related to different genre and artists, so you`ll have more daily mixes there in future, just keep on listening!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hi There,

I have the same problem .

I am testing daily mix but the songs that spotify suggest isn't exactly what i expect . There aren't any of my favorite artist in it and the other they play is very far away from my favorites . It are all scandinavian artist . Wrong algoritme ????

when i delete the artist , spotify brings another scandinavian artist while i'm from Belgium .

Hi there @AngelicaR, everyone wants to listen awesome music all the time! 

Possible reasons for your case are: 

1. You don`t listen to much variety of artist or genres (every playlist is for different genre)
  2. When you listen to your weekly discover, release radar or to someone playlists, it is possible spotify to get data from these tracks, although you didn`t like them 
  3. When someone share you a track, and it is totally new genre or artist for you, spotify may suggest you more from this artist or genre 

Anyway if you don`t want to listen to music you don`t like, just hit the "don`t like" button in future, and Spotfiy will restrict these tracks from your daily playlists. 

More music you listen, more recommendations you may like!

Hi There

Thanks for the fast reply .

I listen almost everything , execpt hard core tecno and classical music .

I have made a playlist with all my songs(albums) in it and then i play a radio of this list . That works a lot better than the daily mix spotify makes.

I use spotify only for a few weeks maybe that's also the problem . But with my own album radio it works fine .

I used Deezer for several years and they have the FLOW button (same as daily mix) but that works a lot better . The sugestions in Spotify are completely wrong for the moment.

Probably you suggest that i have to listen longer to the daily mix to improve it but i deleted more than 100 songs an artist and still get the same sort results [☹] . I want to listen the music i love not the one i hate [😊] .

Can i delete the songs in daily mix and start over again with new one ?

On the forum people speaks of more than 1 mix . I still have one . Maybe the others are better in the future ?
Marked as solution

Hi @Tikke007 : ) 

As you say, you`re using Spotify from quite a while, so there are no previous activity Daily Mix to get data from! 

The Daily Mix suggest you songs that you already have in your playlists or you`ve listened the most, and also suggest you similar tracks to this ones. So create more playlists, add more songs to them and keep on listening. 

You can`t delete songs, but you can hit the "Unlike" button, so you can restrict from similar tracks in future. 

About the other question, why you have only one daily mix: Every Daily Mix is related to different genre and artists, so you`ll have more daily mixes there in future, just keep on listening!

Hi MartinStoichkov

When I first joined Spotify I searched for and "liked" all my favourite songs. Then I made some playlists from these songs. I use the playlist radio function a lot. I also listen to my Discover Weekly and Release Radar every week. Perhaps I have confused Spotify with my listening history and that's why I've eneded up with these horrible Daily Mixes. I'll go back to playing more of my original favourite songs. 

I don't have Premium so I'm using up my skip limit pretty quickly trying to improve these Daily Mixes. If I never play them, will they be replaced?

I only have one Daily mix and it is full of rap music, which I do not listen to AT ALL. I have been listening heavily to all my other music (indie/folk type stuff), but nothing is updating. This feature is completely useless on iOS. What gives?

They don't care about UI/UX

I wont to play music in the order i create and i accidentally pressed the daily mix. Know i dont get rid of it and songs i never listend to plays.

For weeks and months I've been listening to various genre including country songs and mandarin songs. Yet till now I've two daily mix, and the second mix I absolutely dislike. None of the two daily mixes have mandarin or country songs. Can you help me out on this? Greatly appreciate

This does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I start Spotify from my echo again and the "N**gger" or F&^K"  come up again... SPOTIFY YOU'RE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have significantly diverged on my existing listening habits in the last few weeks, however the existing six (6) daily mixes haven't changed at all. 

Is there a way to reset them?

I want a way to reset! I have the same issue happening.

tldr - it's *really* slow. Use artist radio.

Yeah, it's been a month, and it kinda, slowly, dropped-off the last (6th) drum-and-bass style playist and replaced it with classical music one. It hasn't quite worked-out that I've been listening to Synthwave on repeat for weeks but I guess I can do that with Artist radio. 

I use spotify a lot and it mixs are spot on. 

1 for prog metal, 1 for classic rock,1 for grunge,  1 for HEAVY stuff, and so on. Maybe I'm lucky. 

The answer says it's solved... I disagree...

I'm a huge fan of the daily mixes. It introduced me to wonderful new music.

But. 

In one mix. I liked an artist. Funky jazz. Rohey. Love it!

But they're from Denmark... So instead of similar funky jazz I get more Danish music. Sure... I'll enjoy one song... Maybe two. But this isn't what I wanted..  I help my mixes to evolve. Liking and disliking. And this works like a charm for my other lists. Just not this one. So I want a reset button. As plain and simple as that. Just... Start over. I get how it works. Now I just want it to work like it should and is being advertised.

Spoiler

@AngelicaR wrote:

Is it possible to delete daily mixes? Of the four I have available, three are horrible! I can't understand how Spotify came up with them. They don't seem to contain any songs I like. I just don't understand it. It seems a complete waste of time. I've tried to improve them but every time I start listening I want to remove every song I hear. If it's possible I would like to completely delete them. 

The fourth daily mix I absolutely love. I am so confused how Spotify could get that one so right and the others so wrong ....

Same problem but none of my music changes, for 3 months it's been the same songs and songs I dislike keep playing :/. At this rate I might just have to make another account. 

Agree.  Definitely not fixed.  It's getting worse.  Sh1tify does not give a toss about paying customers.

I haven't payed but same problem, it just plays the same songs over and over again for more than a year. I is either like or dislike, but they overplay the songs I like to the pt I hate them.

Totally agree its not resolved.  Who determined its resolved?  Anyway to set the question as unresolved?

Suggested posts