Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I revert the latest iOS update on my Spotify app?

How can I revert the latest iOS update on my Spotify app?

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1)

My Question or Issue

I would like to find out how to revert the latest Spotify update for iOS for my Apple iPhone 7.  I would not normally reverse an update, but this latest one seems quite counterintuitive and is in fact detracting from my listening and browsing experience on Spotify.  The removal of singles from the Albums section and replacement into a messy, somewhat hidden "Liked Songs" playlist makes listening to songs I have liked quite difficult.  In addition, the limit on how many songs/albums can be in one's Library is restraining to me.  I pay a monthly subscription for Premium but feel like this latest update (and this new "feature" for limited Libraries) has seriously removed some of the enjoyment of this account for me.  Therefore if someone could please let me know how to revert this update, I would be greatly appreciative.

11 Replies

Hey @Karabella, help's arrived! 

I understand how you feel about this new update. Spotify made this update to help improve your listening experience.

You won't be able to revert any Spotify updates, or iOS updates since each update includes fixes to the app and new features. 

If you're unsure how to use the new 'Your Library', I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey @Karabella, help's arrived! 

I understand how you feel about this new update. Spotify made this update to help improve your listening experience.

You won't be able to revert any Spotify updates, or iOS updates since each update includes fixes to the app and new features. 

If you're unsure how to use the new 'Your Library', I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer

I hope this helps! 

Well Billy, they did a horrible job.

Hey @kraamerxmich,

If you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Spotify: when will you start addressing the masses desist for this latest update?

Instead of burying your head in the sand.

We've spoken, no one likes the new update.

Surely you've already seen a reduction in cancelled memberships?

I've been a loyal fan for years, but I've already started trialling other services.

@Billy-J "I understand how you feel about this new update. Spotify made this update to help improve your listening experience." 

You obviously do not understand how we feel then. Grabbing all the music we have in our library, throwing it in the air and leaving it a jumbled mess on the floor then spitting in our face is not "improving your listening experience"

@Loxer That idea has over 5200 votes. In the Idea page information, it says you lot are meant to give it a status outside of "New Idea" after it reaches 500 votes. I do not know who has fallen asleep and not done that yet. But can you find them and tell them to DO THEIR **bleep**ING JOB. I am sick of being told to make an Idea only to see that you just ignore them anyway.

Billy-J how can you say you understand in one breath, then patronize the **bleep** out of this person by ignoring/denying how dhe feels. That's the worst kind of customer service.

Using an older version won't help you anyway, I'm using an older app as I'm running an older version of iOS, all singles have still vanished from albums, only difference is I still have everything in songs and not a playlist.

If your use to browsing by covers then this update sucks, apparently people asked to have songs removed from albums.

You can’t revert, and they don’t care. So go ahead and get apple music!

The update just hit me as well, and Im supper upset. I hate it. Wish I could revert. it seems like from this thread, nothing will be done, even with the "vote". PLEASE SPOTIFY PLEASE just allow those who want to use the previous version do so! UGH I've LOVED and stood behind Spotify for years now, and dont want to switch/cancel...but the update for iphone is THAT bad that I might...    😞 

They're not going to do sh*t, unless they start loosing millions of subscribers. Until that happens, they really, really don't care! They don't care one bit. If they don't care bout their lack of customer service, they're not going to care about bugs they've created in their own software.

Sad, they will wait until it’s too late to do anything about it. Everyone’s I devices have been crashing for weeks after a few songs and you get that same old patronizing**bleep** answer that doesn’t answer anything you asked. It shouldn’t take more that a day or two to fix a bug in software. They must be asleep. With all the other companies out there looks like we have another Napster on the way out here. By Spotify. You have become a joke

Suggested posts