Disable Group Sessions?

Highlighted

Disable Group Sessions?

Casual Listener

Hi, i am on Spotify Premium and i would like to disable the group-session-feature on all devices (Windows10, iPhone & iPad), since it inferferes with my Sonos-system. When i try to select any of my sonos speakers for streaming, the often disappear within a second and only the group-session-feature is visible. This was not the case prior to group-sessions. Besides, i will not use the feature at all, so is there any way to deactivate it?

Thx!!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Disable Group Sessions?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Currently there's no way to disable but you can suggest here to do so.

If you have started a Group Session on accident try tapping End Session to see if that helps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same problem! I cant chose to play on my sonos anymore cause of the groupsession option instead of selecting a different device. Would like a solotion, cause refreshing the app doest work either. Hope that somebody's knows what to do

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, thx for your suggestions!

I already tried restarting iOS, and it sometimes(!) does help. But being able to disable Groupsessions at all would be the best, hope this is kept in mind by the Spotify-team.

SUGGESTED POSTS