Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I sync a different version of a song than is on spotify to my phone?

Solved!

How can I sync a different version of a song than is on spotify to my phone?

This has been bothering the living sh*t out of me for forever and I just not got around to looking for formal help because this is just ridiculous. There are probably like no people with this problem but there is a song by Crystal Castles called Not In Love, which Robert Smith did a guest vocal thing on, and when the album got rereleased that became the "official" track, even though it says nothing of feat. Robert Smith or anything, it's still just called "Not In Love".

Long story short I hate this version and I don't think his voice is right for the song at all and I can't stand it. I love the original and it's one of my favorite by them. I have the original from the original album in my local files, and I have a playlist for all of their music. It plays like it should on the computer, but I never listen on the computer. The playlist is synced and Spotify decided that it knows which version I actually wanted, and will always paste the Robert Smith into my playlist no matter how many different tries and methods I come up. Why the hell does Spotify do this? Is there no one else that maybe has different versions of songs they want synced other than the """"""official""""" version on spotify? I generally only sync things that aren't already on spotify, but this one song is and it's become a huge pain in the ass.

Anyways, months of pent up rage rant right here lol. Is there any fix for this???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

You should be able to sort this by:

1) Go to the local files tab on your PC

2) Find 'Not in love' in the list.

3) Right click on it, and press 'Unlink'

4) Try resyncing it to your phone. Make sure to drag the local file into a playlist on your desktop, then sync the phone whilst it's connected to the same WiFi network as your PC and is showing up in the devices tab.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

You should be able to sort this by:

1) Go to the local files tab on your PC

2) Find 'Not in love' in the list.

3) Right click on it, and press 'Unlink'

4) Try resyncing it to your phone. Make sure to drag the local file into a playlist on your desktop, then sync the phone whilst it's connected to the same WiFi network as your PC and is showing up in the devices tab.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

it was really that simple -_-

luv u anthony

Suggested posts