Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I access Your Music on the iPad app?

How do I access Your Music on the iPad app?

I mostly listen to albums, not playlists.

I used to keep all my saved albums on Spotify as playlists - but following the update I re-saved them all as saved albums under 'Your Music' (on the new desktop app for OS X) and deleted my old playlists (assuming I wouldn't need them anymore).

This was fine on my iPhone as now I can access my saved albums under the 'Your Music' However, I then tried this on my iPad and couldn't find a way to access 'Your Music' at all?

How do I access 'Your Music' and/or saved albums on the iPad app?

60 Replies

I would ideally like to be able to put all my playlists in there in one go, have it automatically add new stuff, whether it's a playlist I made myself or one that I follow, and get it to play something of everything!

Currently you cannot access Your Music in the iPad app.

The developers are working on an updated iPad update with a new design similar to the iPhone app and it will include Your Music.

Shouldn't be too long of a wait. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

According to the attached photo, it's already there!
image.jpg

Your Music is currently only for the iPhone app. Your Music will be added to the iPad app in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I too am very disappointed that key features like this are not actually available, especially when the iPad in the App Store description includes them. Very sloppy communications!

The developers are working as fast as they can on an iPad update that includes Your Music. Shouldn't be too long of a wait. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I think it is because the iPhone and iPad release notes are the same since both versions are bundled into one app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'd be happy if they just flagged the iphone version as downloadable from Ipads in the meantime.  I know the resolution would be poor, but it would work for now.

It's almost been three months... Still no iPad update..... I'm assuming it will come really soon when I least expect it hopefully haha

I'm sure the new design for iPad will be spectacular!
-Chase

The Windy City, Music, Design, Dream

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I don't think that lame answer about the "engineers working on it" with no firm timeline is acceptable any more. I posted on this issue back in April, when all the other apps got Your Music, and heard the same thing.

I'm trying to put more pressure on Spotify to get this done sooner. Please add your comment to this thread in the Spotify community and help put some pressure on Spotify to add Your Music to the Ipad app. 

And/Or vote the idea up on Reddit.

I agree.  The development team should be able to at least give an ETA at this point if they have been working on it since April.

Yes, I have to say, the lack of this feature is making me rethink using Spotify altogether.

I'm a huge Spotify-junkie but this lack of feature integration is very frustrating.  Any update on when My Music will be available on iPad?

-R

A bit lame to literally copy and paste a message from 4 months ago, isn't it? Geez, it has been 4 months a still no Your Music on the iPad. What the hell is up with that?

The ipad app is completely useless to me with out your music. Android app works properly, having to star tracks and make a play list just to save a album is absolutely ridiculous. Who in the heck wants to have a play list for every single album? Good thing I got the free trial from sprint. Well back to rhapsody for me. Glad I didn't waste money on this garbage.

I guess is that they have it in the works, just be patient about it. It will eventually arrive.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

They've been saying that for months now and refuse to give any kind of expected delivery date or even any reason why they can't make it happen even though it's on the iphone app. further, they won't allow us to put the iphone app on the ipad. No, this si beyond being patient. We've been patient. This is Spotify ignoring a large part of their user base and not even giving us a reason why.

It's obvious that you, Jeremygoh, get some sort of benefit from Spotify to act as a "Community Rock Star/Expert, like a paycheck. That says to me that you have some sort of inside track there. Maybe you can get us a straight answer on this? But I doubt it since spotify and it's lame community managers don't actually seem to care about us, their paying customers.

@cmonster

I wrote this thread before I became a rockstar in 2013, kindly click on it and read:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-iPad-is-too-outdated-No-Disc...
(I wrote about the problems with the iPad long time back..)

The rockstar role is voluntary, there's no KPIs, indexes, paycheques, you might want to read more about the rockstar programme here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Knows/What-is-the-Spotify-Community-Rock-Star-Program/ta-p/8...

And I'm also a paying premium subscriber every month. I'm only relying information that I get from reading every single response here in the iOS forums and those that are being passed on to me by the staff.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

The real question to ask: how hard can it really be to add this feature? Ought to be a no brainer. What are we all missing?

I agree with all the complaints above. Why let it be released in one format, with no warning it's not on others, we then start 'saving' songs/albums instead of just playlists, only to not be able to access these saved items on the iPad. This is the first time I'm actively disappointed with Spotify's service. This was not well thought out. 

Suggested posts