Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I access Your Music on the iPad app?

How do I access Your Music on the iPad app?

I mostly listen to albums, not playlists.

I used to keep all my saved albums on Spotify as playlists - but following the update I re-saved them all as saved albums under 'Your Music' (on the new desktop app for OS X) and deleted my old playlists (assuming I wouldn't need them anymore).

This was fine on my iPhone as now I can access my saved albums under the 'Your Music' However, I then tried this on my iPad and couldn't find a way to access 'Your Music' at all?

How do I access 'Your Music' and/or saved albums on the iPad app?

60 Replies

So, here we are 4 months (and counting) since I posted this issue and STILL the iPad app can't access 'my music'.

Considering this feature was included in the iPhone app from the beginning, it would take a developer about 10 minutes to add it to the iPad app.

Is this down to laziness or sheer incompetence?

Agree with the above. How can such a basic feature that has been part of the iphone app not be included in the ipad version?

Sort it out or at least give your subscribers a truthful explanation as to why you're too incompetent to include a feature all your rivals have no problem with. Will dump spotify for google unless you get this feature included soon.

I just posted this in the other thread I this issue because one of the "spotify rock stars" jeremygoh, mentioned that the CEO of spotify said the iPhone and ipad apps would be developed in concert in the future. And he gave the dude' twitter handle.
Let's flood him with complaints!

Thanks for turning us on to the twitter handle of the spotify CEO. I just tweeted a few times at him about this issue. Check out my handle @charlesredell or look at the image attached and tweet at him too. Let him know this is unacceptable and show him this thread over and over. Did you know this thread has the most comments and the most kudos in spotifys ipad forum? You'd think that would say something!

Let @eldsjal and @spotify know you're angry at the lack of ipad updates. Demand better from a company you pay monthly. And don't be afraid to leave. I'm ready to go back to rdio. At least they took care of me as a customer.
image.jpg

When this 'Your Music' section was added to the (iPhone) app, I immediately jumped on board and impulsively deleted all of my playlists, carefully created by albums and sorted in artist folders.

My own fault, but isn't it normal I assumed Your Music would be available on my iPad too?

In the meantime we got an update adding an equalizer... nice feature, exept I have no more music on my Spotify iPad application to listen to.

The lack of communication about this is frustrating and quite unprofessional if you ask me.  I'm not an app developer, but I can't imagine it to be very diffucult to add this feature or at least - as somebody already suggested - make the iPhone app available for iPad.

I'm giving it 2 more weeks.  If still not updated, I will cancel my subscription.

It's now been more than 2.5 years since the meesage that kicked this discussion off. Where are my albums!?

Just got used to not "starring" and instead adding to my music and found out it doesn't transfer to ipad. Real nice. Can we fix this please? It would be nice as a premium subscriber to have this feature across all iOS devices.

5 month, and counting.....

This is pretty boring now. 

As soon as Google Play give us something better on the iPad, I will happily move.

Hey there.

Sorry for this, there is really no updates now. But some are coming in future. I can't say any better about update, some updates to iPad surely coming so keep calm and use Spotify 🙂

This club is like a hot spot, come on DJ drop that. We party on an airplane high in the sky, so everybody come to California. We're gonna have the perfect time of our lives. Hands up!

@hpguru

pretty sure that something is coming "in the future". I can bet on it... 🙂 This sounds like a non-response but I do appreciate your weird sense of humor (still can't understand it...).

But, to be honest, after many months of threads full of (even harsh) complaints, I think your post is out of place. 

@hpguru

"No Timeline"...unbelievable...

No timeline, but hopefully soon you can stop the countdown!

Believe me. Spotify is working hard to implement iPad app a lot. Wait for good.

I'm sorry I can't say exact date.

@hpguru

In my opinion "soon" means "I don't know". After all "soon" was 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 months ago as well, am I right? 🙂 Sad story.

It's not possible to provide a timeline, it's restricted.

But like I said you will get all iPhone options or most of them to iPad too with next big update. These like you know are not available on iPad now, but update will fix stuff. You also might receive some little updates before this big update.

I'm sorry I can't tell really more about this big update stuff coming.

Ridiculous, just tell your customers why there is such a long delay for such a basic feature and why it can't be done rather than "soon".

You manage to do regular updates for the iPad app on a near weekly basis via the app store for minor improvements, yet an easy function which is part of your other apps seems to be impossible.

Does no-one in any kind of senior position read these boards, and realise what a glaring omission from your product range this is ?

You provide a great service, yet this pretty essential feature for those who like and want to replace their entire music system with Spotify should be recitified ASAP.

Come on, someone in authority realise the anger over this and pull your fingers out to rectify it.

Thanks for the straight up lies @hpguru.

I just tweeted this:

"amazing, spotify is lying even more blatantly to customers via its "rockstar" hpguru. spotifycares spotifylies

@Jonb77 wrote:

Ridiculous, just tell your customers why there is such a long delay for such a basic feature and why it can't be done rather than "soon".

You manage to do regular updates for the iPad app on a near weekly basis via the app store for minor improvements, yet an easy function which is part of your other apps seems to be impossible.

Does no-one in any kind of senior position read these boards, and realise what a glaring omission from your product range this is ?

You provide a great service, yet this pretty essential feature for those who like and want to replace their entire music system with Spotify should be recitified ASAP.

Come on, someone in authority realise the anger over this and pull your fingers out to rectify it.

Hey there.

Thanks for your opinion.

Spotify should do things better, to provide in future more accurate updates at the same time along the platforms. I hope they can learn from this stuff. Really this is way too long wait for existing features on other platforms.

Your feedback is on it's way to iPad team 🙂

Check out this screenshot of the feature we want being announced in the ipad update almost exactly 5 months ago posted by @JonasR in this thread on this same topic!

Almost 5 months to the day and still nothing..... And who jumped right in to lie in that thread too? @hpguru.....

It's a shame...... I'm paying for this....

This is rich – just spent weeks evaluating all the major streaming apps, and am reluctantly back to Spotify. With my tail between my legs, I also reluctantly moved my entire starred playlist to your music (The reason I left in the first place).

So I was dealing with it, and decided to play around on the iPad. After five minutes I decided "this can't be right, where is my music?"

LOL. Classic Spotify – there is no way to access your music on the iPad. Checking the forums, I see it's been promised for most of 2014. You guys freak me out – how is something so simple seemingly unobtainable on an iPad app? I just have to laugh, because otherwise I'll cry…

Suggested posts