Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I pod

When closing my iPod on my iPhone 5 by sliding it up my music stops then when I slide up from the bottom it changes the song, can anyone help me stop this? It never use to do this before

• Casual Listener
  • When closing my iPod on my iPhone 5 by sliding it up my music stops then when I slide up from the bottom it changes the song, can anyone help me stop this? It never use to do this before 😓
  • Channy1989
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the sons that saved station not saving even offline with this option selected , and my device-is synchronized with the network

•  the sons that saved station not saving even offline with this option selected , and my device-is synchronized with the network
  • muriloberbel
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift card error

Sunday i got a gift card and put it in my account, all good, and today i tried to use mi account and it says im basic!!! What can i do?

• Sunday i got a gift card and put it in my account, all good, and today i tried to use mi account and it says im basic!!! What can i do?
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Gift Card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist refuses to play when using iOS remote control

As title says, a playlist refuses to play when using iOS remote control. The playlist in question has worked fine until recently when I added a few more local files to it, then it suddenly stopped working.

• Gig Goer
  • As title says, a playlist refuses to play when using iOS remote control. The playlist in question has worked fine until recently when I added a few more local files to it, then it suddenly stopped wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any other options then spotify?

Hai, got enough of this great piece of software,This is made by somebody who thought: Hey when I understand it, the whole world will understand. 1: Why isn't there a simple right click option to Synchronise?2: Just quit sending me all kinds of titles...

• Regular
  • Hai,   got enough of this great piece of software, This is made by somebody who thought: Hey when I understand it, the whole world will understand.   1: Why isn't there a simple right ...
  • Amstaff
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work on my iphone app

I have spotify free and I recently got the app on my iPhone and it worked fine up until about two weeks ago. But then, I would start playing my playlist, and the song would play for about 5 seconds then would stop making sound. My volume was up all t...

• I have spotify free and I recently got the app on my iPhone and it worked fine up until about two weeks ago. But then, I would start playing my playlist, and the song would play for about 5 seconds t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify app won't work
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm getting an Error when searching for artists/tracks while not connected to wifi

DescriptionWhen I attempt to search for artists/tracks under the Search option, i received a message saying "An error occured" and i'm given the option to try again. The same message appears immediately after trying to research. I haven't changed any...

• Description When I attempt to search for artists/tracks under the Search option, i received a message saying "An error occured" and i'm given the option to try again.  The same message appears ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch 4th Gen - Spotify Lags Constantly

Spotify lags badly if I lock the screen, then unlock it. It takes a good 8 seconds for Spotify to become responsive to my touch. I've reinstalled, resycned, logged in and out and it's still happening. The app is also incredibly sluggish when using it...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify lags badly if I lock the screen, then unlock it. It takes a good 8 seconds for Spotify to become responsive to my touch. I've reinstalled, resycned, logged in and out and it's still happ...
  • mallegra
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save a playlist

I have a playlist that I am following that gets updated every week. Is there a way of saving the playlist in its current form so when it updates next week, I still have a copy of how it is now? If I make available offline, that would only be on one d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist that I am following that gets updated every week. Is there a way of saving the playlist in its current form so when it updates next week, I still have a copy of how it is now? If I ...
  • adelemitch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Public playlists by default

I used to use Spotify on my Ipad most of the time, so I decided to update the last version. Since I started to use it, all the list I add in my account get public by default. Before that, you got the option to decide about it. Now, I can't find any w...

• Gig Goer
  • I used to use Spotify on my Ipad most of the time, so I decided to update the last version. Since I started to use it, all the list I add in my account get public by default. Before that, you got t...
  • spotifyuser4923
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Public Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't work

I have a a premium subscription and I see that it's up to date, but I can't browse for songs or play anything. Sometimes if I reinstall it will play a song or two and then it stops working again. How do I talk to someone about this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a a premium subscription and I see that it's up to date, but I can't browse for songs or play anything. Sometimes if I reinstall it will play a song or two and then it stops working again. How...
  • spotifyuser4923
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Starred Playlist

Recently I removed all my songs from the starred list because they were too many. Now the Playlist is empty, however the program shows the list contains two songs, but when I open it, there ain't no songs. This wouldn't bother me if the program would...

• Recently I removed all my songs from the starred list because they were too many. Now the Playlist is empty, however the program shows the list contains two songs, but when I open it, there ain't no ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 2.7.0

What's new in this version (2.7.0) Now with revamped daily charts.

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.7.0) Now with revamped daily charts.
  • yukonmaster
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound cuts off at random on iPod Touch

I can't install the current version 3.0.0 of the Spotify iOS app on my iPod Touch 4th gen since that model is limited to iOS 6, but I was able to get the older version 1.8.1.6 of the Spotify app to install by adding Spotify in iTunes and then request...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't install the current version 3.0.0 of the Spotify iOS app on my iPod Touch 4th gen since that model is limited to iOS 6, but I was able to get the older version 1.8.1.6 of the Spotify app to i...
  • DougAmes1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium 3 Months

So I had signed up for the three months and entered my credit info and everything but when I looked on my account overview it send it would end in the next month and so j cancelled it in order to re do it but it won't let me. Please help !

• So I had signed up for the three months and entered my credit info and everything but when I looked on my account overview it send it would end in the next month and so j cancelled it in order to re ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 8 - iPhone 6 - Premium Account - Extreme Quality for streaming is not showing up

Hello. I just upgraded to premium today for the first time. The "extreme" quality for streaming audio does not show up, my only two options for streaming are low and high. The Extreme Quality for offline does show up and I was able to check and use t...

• Hello.  I just upgraded to premium today for the first time.  The "extreme" quality for streaming audio does not show up, my only two options for streaming are low and high.  The Extre...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • extreme
    quality
    streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5C is not syncing with Spotify on my laptop.

I am trying to sync the local files on my computer through Spotify to my iPhone 5C Spotify app, but it won't do it. I tried logging out and back in on my phone, I restarted my computer, instaled Spotify app to my laptop through iTunes. Nothing is wor...

• Regular
  • I am trying to sync the local files on my computer through Spotify to my iPhone 5C Spotify app, but it won't do it.  I tried logging out and back in on my phone, I restarted my computer, instale...
  • jomotherof8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium pausing/Siri problems while using car radio adapter

Hi all, I have a Premium account and use it often with my iPhone and car radio adapter. My problem started a couple months ago, but has been happening more frequently over the past couple weeks (or maybe I've just noticed it since traveling for the h...

• Hi all,   I have a Premium account and use it often with my iPhone and car radio adapter. My problem started a couple months ago, but has been happening more frequently over the past couple ...
  • lu4khc38
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs disappearing and albums

Why is it erasing albums like an hour after I save them ? It will say the artist and like 24 songs but later it will show artist but with like 6 songs?

• Casual Listener
  • Why is it erasing albums like an hour after I save them ? It will say the artist and like 24 songs but later it will show artist but with like 6 songs?
  • Boywhodestroys
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Sharing Songs and Syncing Questoin

I'm a premium member, running Spotify on my iPhone 6 plus, connected to Facebook, following my friends as they are following me. When I try to share a song with them using the app on my phone, it says "share sucessful" but my friend new recieves the ...

• I'm a premium member, running Spotify on my iPhone 6 plus, connected to Facebook, following my friends as they are following me. When I try to share a song with them using the app on my phone, it say...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes