Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I download tracks to my iPad to listen offline

Solved!

How do I download tracks to my iPad to listen offline

Hi!!!

I'm new to Spotify and I've just downloaded premium and I have a iPad and I can't download music to listen offline?

I've tried looking for a download button but I can't seem to find anything.

If someone could help me out that would be great, thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Candy, welcome to Spotify!

On the iPad app, you can save playlists for offline access by going into the playlist, and then hitting the button in the top right hand corner of the playlist that looks like a downward pointing arrow, then marking "Download Playlist". While you are on a WiFi network, all the music should download onto your device for offline access. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Candy, welcome to Spotify!

On the iPad app, you can save playlists for offline access by going into the playlist, and then hitting the button in the top right hand corner of the playlist that looks like a downward pointing arrow, then marking "Download Playlist". While you are on a WiFi network, all the music should download onto your device for offline access. Hope that helps!

Thank you I have found the button and pressed it,

Does the music automatically start downloading? And roughly how long should it take

Yea if you keep the Spotify application open, all your songs will start downloading automatically. You can watch the progress in the bottom left hand corner of the app, there should be a round icon that says "Syncing" telling you how many tracks out of how many have synced so far. How long it takes depends on how many tracks you are saving and how good your internet connection is. You'll know when it's done when the Syncing icon disappears, and all your synced tracks will now have a little green arrow icon next to them. Now you can play these songs with no internet connection or in offline mode to your heart's content! Enjoy!

I also want to listen offline but don't seem to have the download button on the top right of my playlist - it just has play, share and edit, then at the very top of the screen sort and filter - am I missing something obvious - any help really gratefully appreciated! Thanks!

Suggested posts