Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I force Spotify to play video ad for 30 minutes of ad free listening?

How do I force Spotify to play video ad for 30 minutes of ad free listening?

This might seem like an odd request but when I work out, I would prefer Spotify to not play ads during my exercise session. I would much rather prefer to get all the ads out of the way first before I work out kind of like watching a YouTube video. I used to be able to select a random daily mix or playlist and it will play the advertisement to get 30 minutes but now whenever I select a song or any other playlist it just plays the song and after the song ends the advertisements come back. Has anybody found a way to force Spofity into playing the advertisement? I am using the mobile app iPhone X all latest versions.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

IOS 15.4

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey @josephshaheen4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In the free tier, the playback contains ads every once in a while as part of the app functionality. However, ads that give you 30 minutes of ad-free playback are random and mixed with other different ads.

Keep in mind that to get the 30 minutes ad-free you have to keep the video ad in focus, not navigate to another app, browser, etc. Also, make sure you’re not accidentally clicking the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What I do, is that I go to a random playlist Spotify makes and hit shuffle. That automatically gives me the 30 minutes ad. Hope that works on your end 👍

Suggested posts