Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Lately, Spotify has started crashing in my car. I download music ahead of time so everything I play is already on my phone and I connect through Bluetooth to my car.

I will start the first song in a playlist and then Spotify will crash/close after a little more than a minute into the song. Then, I'll re-open Spotify on my phone, press play, and everything will work properly for the rest of the car ride. This happens consistently every time I use Spotify in the car and I've never had an issue connecting via Bluetooth to other speakers or headphones.

I've tried reinstalling Spotify on my phone as well as using the website to log-out from everywhere and then re-login but neither of those solutions has worked. Any idea what could be wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 Replies

I am having the exact same problem! I tried to reinstall yesterday but I'm having the same issue in the car today. I also download my music for offline as well and connect to my car's blue tooth. 

I have an iphone 12, also on a premium plan, iso 14.2.1 and spotify version 8.5.86.739.

I haven't had issues with my blue tooth headphones, it's only the car so far! Any help would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

Hey there @Cerebral and @LVG1,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I have an iphone 12, also on a premium plan, iso 14.2.1 and spotify version 8.5.86.739

I tried the clean install the other day after doing more research. It seems to have solved my problem for now. 

Thanks for the help!

Hey there @LVG1,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

It seems to have gone back to it's old ways and Spotify turns off after the first ~30 seconds. I don't have another account to try out. I've done a clean install twice now. 

Please advise what else I can try. Also I only use offline mode in my car... not sure if that would matter with my account?

LVG

Hey @LVG1

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In case the issue keeps coming back after a multiple clean reinstall it'd be worth it to try what @Jeremy suggested about trying out with a different account. You can easily create a free test account by following these steps. 

If it works with another account, you can have a look at this Spotify Answer next. The article basically explains how you can start afresh with a new Spotify account without losing your saved music, followers and account data. Give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.   

Hi Ivan,

Can I just reset my account instead if you think it's my spotify account? I rather do this than make a new email account just for this purpose and then change it back to my account. 

What would cause my account to be corrupt and interfere? can we just reset the account instead? 

When I was researching on the board, it seems to work when you skip forward a song and then back. Someone suggested this quick fix on the board and it's working. I don't have the issues when I start it like this. I think it's a software issue... I've also updated to ios 14.3 now and will see if it makes a difference.

Hey there @LVG1,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're afraid it's not possible to reset your account and if the issue is related to it directly, we wouldn't know for sure what is causing it. That's why it'd be a good idea to try with a different account to confirm if the issue is account-related.

We're glad to know that the workaround you mentioned is doing the trick. Let us know how it continues to work with the new software update.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Cleared cache and data before uninstall. Reinstalled. Works just fine just like before the issue started. Using a Samsung S22 Ultra.

Hey @Ryanstar78,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following that process and sharing that it works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts