Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I stop shuffling playlist?

Solved!

How do I stop shuffling playlist?

How do I stop shuffling my playlists? I want them to play in order. What do I do?

Solution by Matt Suda:

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On the Now Playing screen, tap the album artwork and some options should appear. Tap on the highlighted "Shuffle" button and it should grey out. Shuffling should now stop.

@jeremygoh EDIT:

If you need a visual guide, you can refer here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-turn-off-shuffle-play/m-p/8498...

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Changing the order of tracks in your playlists is generally quickest on your computer.

However, you can also change the order on your iPhone too. Enter a playlist, press the pencil button and each tracks should now have three little bars on the right hand side. Press and hold on this for a second, and you should be able to drag it in the playlist, allowing you to create a new playlist order.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

I have tried this and it doesnt work, please help!!!

Marked as solution

Tap on the now playing bar at the bottom to open the now playing screen. Once there, the shuffle toggle should now be in the bottom left corner.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Thanks for you reply. I do have a premium account, I don't have an iPhone AND I posted my original response on the wrong thread BUT I did get the shuffle to stop (it was just set on one particular album but I couldn't see where!).

Marked as solution

Thanks. Should be simple, but instead was driving me nuts! I'm very grateful.

70 Replies
Marked as solution

On the Now Playing screen, tap the album artwork and some options should appear. Tap on the highlighted "Shuffle" button and it should grey out. Shuffling should now stop.

@jeremygoh EDIT:

If you need a visual guide, you can refer here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-turn-off-shuffle-play/m-p/8498...

Airhorn Enthusiast

How can I change the order of songs in my playlists?

Mardeen, If David's answer to your first question was helpful then you should say thanks and leave him kudos. Then maybe you might get your 2nd question answered. 

Marked as solution

Changing the order of tracks in your playlists is generally quickest on your computer.

However, you can also change the order on your iPhone too. Enter a playlist, press the pencil button and each tracks should now have three little bars on the right hand side. Press and hold on this for a second, and you should be able to drag it in the playlist, allowing you to create a new playlist order.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks so much! The shuffling was making me crazy.

Thank you thank you thank you! That shuffling was making me insane!! SPOTIFY RULES!!!

Was making me crazy too! Many thanks 🙂

When I tap the shuffling symbol on Spotify on my Iphone, it doesn´t fade out.

How do I get rid of shuffling?

I want to play albums from start to end.

Marked as solution

I have tried this and it doesnt work, please help!!!

Are you a paid subscriber? Maybe this only works for paid subscribers

Can confirm, you must have a Premium account to disable shuffle on iPhone.

Full details over in this post:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter

I can't get shuffle to turn off when I play my songs and there is no I at the top of my song when it's playing there is an x
Marked as solution

Tap on the now playing bar at the bottom to open the now playing screen. Once there, the shuffle toggle should now be in the bottom left corner.

Peter

My daughter has a Kindlefire HD and we've tried all the options to stop the shuffle feature.  It says she must have Premium to do this.  WHY??????  I can play whatever song I want to on my computer in any order and don't have to have Premium to do this.  Why shouldn't it be the same for a Kindle?

Unfortunately Spotify tablet free not working on some Kindle fires has been a long running issue:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-free-on-Kindle-Fire-HDX/m-p/619892#M22805

It appears to be related to the screen resolution of the devices being too low to be detected as a tablet (according to posts on that topic).

Peter

Thanks for your reply, but this doesn't make sense.  An iphone screen is much smaller--does it have a higher resolution, which therefore allows it to use the non-shuffle feature?  Surely this could be worked out.  It is 2014, after all, right????  😉

You can't use non-shuffle on an iPhone without Spotify Premium. Are you using Premium (in which case there is something else wrong here!)?

Peter

Thanks so much for that - this was driving me mad too, thought I'd tried everyting!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't have a Premium account, then no matter what device your using, you'll never be able to disable shuffling.

I think it's a perk that's reserved for paying customers.

Suggested posts