Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you rearrange the order that playlists are listed (iPhone)

How do you rearrange the order that playlists are listed (iPhone)

I am trying to figure out how to rearrange my playlists on the iOS app. I can't seem to find the option to rearrange them without needing to use the desktop app. I see that I can sort by Custom or Name, but I am trying to find a way to manually drag them into the order of my choosing.

Please note that I am referring to the playlists themselves, NOT the songs inside of the playlists. I also know that they can be arranged in the desktop app, which is how I am currently sorting them. Thank you.

6 Replies

Hello, I unfortunately do not know the answer to your question...but I would love to know how to rearrange them via desktop??

Oh sure. I am using the desktop app on the Mac. Rearranging the playlists is as simple as clicking and dragging the playlist name to the desired spot on the playlist.

RearrangePlaylistMac.gif

Hi @Volcanon,

It's simple, go to Your Library, Playlists (should be scond below Your Daily Mix).

Then grag down and search filter will appear and next to the search box a hamburger menu, yes that's how it is called, those three parallel lines and just tap on it. 3 options should appear now. Tap Costum for the order they are actually or by Name which will sort them alphabetically and then you can easily find the one you are looking for just like in the Phone or Contacts apps in iOS where you could drag the finger in the right sidebar of letters.

Well this ins't what you are actually are looking for but it might help fix the mess it might have been created there.

Hope it helps, if so mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like.

Cheers! 

Hi there, thanks for the reply. Yeah I had seen those options (I mentioned them in my post). I am looking specifically to be able to rearrange the order while sorting by Custom, as you can do in the desktop app. I don't think that functionality is implemented in the iOS app, but was hoping I was just not seeing that drag option.

Yeah I know it wasn’t exactly what you needed but I shared it 😅

Yes for the moment that feature isn’t present in iOS, at least not yet.

Maybe you can submit your idea here

Ha no prob, it may help someone else as well 🙂

Suggested posts