Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to clear an entire queue?

How to clear an entire queue?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

How do I delete an entire queue? I can only remove individual songs and I have a queue of more than 50... It's incredibly annoying and painful.

I tried the hack of removing the next to last song but it doesn't work.
I also try to play new playlists, so the queue can be erased and that doesn't work either.
Please help, I'm desperate.

43 Replies

Play the last song in the queue. There’s no other simple way. 

It worked... Thanks a lot....

But I think @spotify should just put a button on the right "Clear Queue"

Hey there @jaba23

Thanks for getting back to us.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi Ivan,

Let’s try to be better and not treat users like children.

I hate these BS public relations answers from moderators. Quit that **bleep** about constantly striving to improve when people ask simple questions that should have easy answers. 

“Sorry, we really dropped the ball on this one and our team forgot to add a clear entire queue option. You will see it in the next release because it’s a critical feature for mobile users”

See how easy that was?

It would be super useful.

This is the worst, non-intuitive way to do it. I always forget making me hate the I even used the queue. Please make it more obvious. If I stay a while new playlist just blast it! It makes 0 sense to play one song and then return to the old queue when I hit play on an entire list of songs.

Get it together Spotify, this should be a standard feature.  Having to jump through hoops and try other "workarounds" to clear a queue is just bleeping stupid. 

Jeez.

Agree with others that this solution is long overdue. It should be a simple "clear queue" button instead of the nonsense workarounds. Please implement this as soon as possible.

At a loss  as to why removing a song from cue should be an afterthought by Spotify.

I'm the former music director of one of Canada's largest background music services. I quit my job 5 years ago after insisting to management that once Europe's Spotify came to North America we'd be out of business. Since my departure they've went from 750 clients each paying to $500 a month to less than 50 clients paying $100. In its' place many former clients now use Spotify although it's not licensed to my knowledge for commercial use.

Regardless I'm often asked to create Spotify playlists for former clients. I'm doing so live right now & made the mistake of placing a song in cue twice. Obviously I don't want the same track playing back to back.

Instead of being able to go to bed I have to wait a half hour to physically skip this song when it appears in cue or face the wrath of a lounge owner tomorrow.

I can't imagine how a company the size of Spotify hasn't created a player that offers VERY basic features like "skip"when a small company like ours in central Canada had these features and more a decade ago.

If Spotify would like access to a professional level music player, contact me. During my tenure we hired an open source computer programmer to build our player from scratch to replace the software we once paid thousands of dollars for per location.

The software I helped create is now freeware & light years beyond the crappy player your service is built upon.

I am a new Spotify user, currently in the trial period. I am a long-time streaming music service user, starting several years ago with Rdio. I currently use, or have used in the past, Rdio, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, TIDAL, YouTube Music, and use Sonos and Control4 in my home. 

I decided to try Spotify as Google Play is moving to YouTube Music, which I have used for a few weeks and am not excited about. Google Play Music has its faults, but had extremely flexible control and library and queue management functions. Honestly, I was shocked when I found out one couldn't do something as simple as clear the queue with a single tap in Spotify. That has to be one of the most basic, and useful, functions there is. Crazy as it may sound, it could be enough for me to decide to drop Spotify as an option. 

So, my advice / request for queue management would be to add the following functions for either a single song or an entire album:

-Play Next

-Add To End Of Queue

-Clear Queue

Thanks!

Delete the app, re re download Spotify and your queue will be cleared

This feature needs to be implemented. It makes trying to play albums a nightmare if there's already songs queued.

I suggest TIDAL.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing your suggestions with the Community.

Seems like there're other people who'd like to see this feature implemented in the app. Go ahead and add your +Vote to this Idea.

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Way to make all of your users jump through unnecessary hoops just to add basic functionality to your app.

It’s already been pointed out that a similar idea was shutdown after receiving a bunch of upvotes. Who says that the same thing won’t happen again?

I’m about to cancel my subscription, this is absolutely driving me crazy.

How is this something we even have to ask for repeatedly??? It’s not like you have to redesign this whole app!!  Add a button to allow me to clear my q!!!!

I was able to just tap on my playlist and it would play that playlist, overriding the whole Q - clear and simple. Now it adds the playlist at the end of the q and just drives me crazy.

When trying to clear the Q I couldn’t believe there is no “Clear the q” button.

Are you kidding me????

This is a terrible response. NEED a clear queue button.

See post below on feedback on how to give your customers more human responses.

Same thing was driving me crazy I didn’t know what was going on at first then I realized the queue issue. It took forever to delete my entire queue since only so many songs are visible at one time. I was getting so mad trying to switch music between mine and music for my students. Yeah that was a little frustrating. Don’t like surprise language popping up during my class.  The fact this has been a issue for awhile and is still not fixed is very irritating. 

Suggested posts