Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove a single offline title from off-line state at my iPad ( how to free up storage space)

Solved!

How to remove a single offline title from off-line state at my iPad ( how to free up storage space)

hello. Can one of you explain to me how I can delete an off-line title which is part of one of my playlists?

I  see the green arrow sign which indicates that the title is off-line available.  Other titles in the same playlist are available via online stream.  I want to remove the offlinedata but keep the title in the playlist. I could not find any way to delete the offline data. I could not find any way to change the offline/online state.

regards from Germany / Nürnberg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @entschleunigt

If this track is available offline on a playlist that is not set as available offline, it means that that track is part of another playlist/album/your music that is available offline, this song is only saved on your device once though, so it is just taking up the space of one song regardless of how many playlist ,that are available offline, it is one 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you. Yes this helps a little bit.

Question 1:
How can I now find in wich playlist the titel is duplicated.

Question 2:
And can I have different offline setting for my iPhone and iPad as I have
different storage ammount available.

For me it looks strange that once I defined certain titel for offline
playback at my iPad that those settings apply also at my iPhone.

Thank you in advance.

Marked as solution

Hello @entschleunigt

Question 1:

I don't know of any easy way of doing it other than searching each playlist (Open Each playlist and use the search feature to find if the song is in that playlist would be the quickest way)

Question 2: 

Yes you can, if you don't want Offline playlist in one device but on the other just uncheck the "Available Offline" slider on the device you don't want it to be on. 

Each device downloads the playlists for offline use separately. 

I hope this helped! 🙂

Marked as solution

I realized that on my PC I can change the online off-line requirement very easily using the Spotify Software. I do not need to search for any other playlist were the title is part of a second time. I found the solution by using my PC. In the App I could not find the function to take a single track to offline setting. Therefore I still think, that an improvement in the iOS app would be nice

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @entschleunigt

If this track is available offline on a playlist that is not set as available offline, it means that that track is part of another playlist/album/your music that is available offline, this song is only saved on your device once though, so it is just taking up the space of one song regardless of how many playlist ,that are available offline, it is one 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Marked as solution

Thank you. Yes this helps a little bit.

Question 1:
How can I now find in wich playlist the titel is duplicated.

Question 2:
And can I have different offline setting for my iPhone and iPad as I have
different storage ammount available.

For me it looks strange that once I defined certain titel for offline
playback at my iPad that those settings apply also at my iPhone.

Thank you in advance.

Marked as solution

Hello @entschleunigt

Question 1:

I don't know of any easy way of doing it other than searching each playlist (Open Each playlist and use the search feature to find if the song is in that playlist would be the quickest way)

Question 2: 

Yes you can, if you don't want Offline playlist in one device but on the other just uncheck the "Available Offline" slider on the device you don't want it to be on. 

Each device downloads the playlists for offline use separately. 

I hope this helped! 🙂

I had the impressin that there are suddenly offline playlists on my iPhone which I defined at my iPad only. But I will check. Thank you.
Marked as solution

I realized that on my PC I can change the online off-line requirement very easily using the Spotify Software. I do not need to search for any other playlist were the title is part of a second time. I found the solution by using my PC. In the App I could not find the function to take a single track to offline setting. Therefore I still think, that an improvement in the iOS app would be nice

Still no improvement from Spotify in the IOS APP?

Suggested posts