How to remove tracks from saved album

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 6, iPad Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

Recently, Spotify removed the tick icon and introduced the heart icon instead for all iOS versions. Since that version, it is not possible anymore to remove single tracks (e.g. those I do not like) from a saved album. How do I achieve that now??

There is still an option to save a certain track by using the “...“ symbol, but then again the whole album is saved. 

It is a total mess. I do not understand that concept at all. Impossible to use Spotify at the moment. Please help!! 😩

29 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for writing!

Maybe you're confusing how the Albums collection works.

Saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Liked Songs. From now on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album, so the user will need to save/heart the individual songs they want to keep. 

As for what happens when saving an album:

• The hearted album will appear in Albums.
  • The tracks will not appear in your Liked Songs collection.
  • The album can still be downloaded for offline listening.

If you only want to listen to specific songs from albums, all you have to do is heart/like the individual songs, then head to Liked Songs to listen to them.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for clarification. What do you mean with playlist Liked Songs? I don’t see any playlist like that. The only thing I know is the Songs folder. But there I cannot pick all liked songs of a certain album to be played.

Hey @user-removed,

In your mobile app, go to Your Library, and you should see the Liked Songs playlist at the top and all the other ones under it.

What's your app version?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I am running v8.0.5.833 in German. 

That’s what I see in Library:

• Für dich erstellt (created for you)
  • Playlists
  • Sender
  • Songs
  • Alben

but isn’t there some way to go back to how it used to be? This new update sucks with that, I don’t want to have the chance of something else starting to play once I’m done with the certain songs of a certain album that I wanted to play. Plus I don’t want to see a whole album just looking for one song through the album section 

I'm sorry but that is a very inconvenient change. It's far easier to search for a specific song by looking for the album cover and the song within that album that you saved. I can scroll through albums super easily and find the song that I'm looking for without going through ALL my songs.

Not only is it super inconvenient but it also removes features. I've used spotify mobile like this since I got the app. I've been using spotify for a couple of years now so at this point it's very ingrained in me to use albums. The old method of saving just the songs you like from an album is still the same on desktop spotify so why change it?

This is a super frustrating change and I really hope it gets changed back, because to the best of my knowledge apple music doesn't have this problem. I'd rather just switch over to their streaming service rather than have to relearn an app I've been using for years that made needless changes. Changes that don't even follow over to the desktop spotify application.

@Mauriarti: You speak from my heart. It‘s 100% the same to me. I am using Spotify since years but now it became not only super frustrating but actually impossible to use.

Hey @user-removed,

Could you please take a screenshot of your library?

Also,  can you double check the app version you're using? 

Regarding the new update, you can comment and vote on this idea. If it gets enough votes it might be implemented!

BittencourtSpotify Star

@Bittencourt

Sorry my bad, correct app version is v8.5.0.833.

Library screenshot attached.

IMG_0021.jpg

It's really just an aggravating unnessacary change. What does spotify gain from this, the only reason I can think they would do this is because artists are only having a few songs from an album played while all the others aren't really being listened to (for good reason with some artists, like sorry not every song you make is good) so they made this change. Either way its really annoying. 

I've made a post about this and commented on similar posts with people having the same frustrations. Nect thing i'm going to try is going to an old icloud version. It's annoying and tedious but so is this update. 

Hey @user-removed,

I suggest you to keep the app up-to-date and you should see the new Your Library soon.

Then you'll be able to use this KB article to find out how to use the library.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hoping Spotify will roll back these changes.

Really unpleasant loss of functionalities.

If it ain't broke... don't f*ing break it...

what a **bleep**ing pain to even post in this **bleep**ing forum.  I don’t **bleep**ing

want the deluxe bonus tracks, why did my

pjome just dlredownload it and why can’t I **bleep**ing delete them and why have I had to verify I’m a robot six times just to come here and swear a bit?!????!!!!

three more cacaptchas just to say I wrote swears and I’m not thrilled about the editorializing “**bleep**” that we’re added

What do you mean it "might be implemented"?

EVERYONE IS SCREAMING FOR IT

LISTEN TO YOUR USERS, SPOTIFY

It’s a rubbish update.

I like to listen to older albums as they were originally released without all the outtakes added on for subsequent CD versions.

The old system where you could simply remove the songs you didn’t want was perfect. Now we have this convoluted guff where everything gets saved into a liked songs list or you have to create an entire playlist instead.

Change it back, it’s **bleep**!

@

Only you cant update the app if your on an older version of iOS, anything below iOS 10.

At least I know now where all my albums went with only a single track or more, now I cant find anything, who wanted this?

I've been using Spotify since beta, I'll add this to the list of all it's other calamities.

FACTS

Solution:

Ok for people who have songs on an album that they want to erase so they dont have to skip them constantly. Just click the album to where you get the screen with all the options and just unlike the album and whatever songs you liked on that album stay and the songs you dont like magically go away. Tada. Hope that helps. It for sure helped me. Now you just have to go through your whole libary and unlike the albums that have songs you dont want.

Suggested posts