Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How will I find “my songs” in the new update?

Solved!

How will I find “my songs” in the new update?

I hardly ever saved a whole album in the last version, and my playlists are relatively small and specific to certain moods, I usually just saved any song I liked and then shuffled all of “my songs”. And I had hundreds of songs saved. Now I only have acces to my playlists, saved artists and saved albums but it has no where near all the songs I had saved. Help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

IM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

So after i opened spotify and upon seeing the "new" update i was devastated because i thought i have completely lost all my songs. BUT ALAS! Only a few hours ago, i purchased premium. AND LO AND BEHOLD, after the purchase went through, I GOT THE "OLD" LAYOUT BAAAAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!! AND ALL OF MY SONGS (EVERY. SINGLE. ONE) YES, IS IN THERE! In conclusion, if youre not in premium, the layout youll get is the "new" one and once you get premium, then is when youll get the original layout back. But if you cant purchase premium now, then i suggest that you go in your desktop or laptop (cause they wont have the "update" yet) download spotify and copy all your songs (by pressing shift and arow down key then right click, save on new playlist) and youll be set until you can purchase premium. HOPE THIS HELPS.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

When you have downloaded the songs where did you download them to. If the save position was your library then the songs are placed in 'songs' in the library page.

IMG_1420.PNG

That’s where I had them. The problem is the new Spotify update got rid of
the songs section as far as I can see. Now it’s only playlists, artists,
albums and podcasts, and those only have a fraction of the songs I had saved

Ok that is strange as I have the latest version of Spotify and it has them. I would recommend singing out and in on Spotify and then rebooting your phone ( not power down) to reboot hold off button and home like a screenshot until the apple symbol appears it will turn black fist but keep holding until the symbol

Didn’t work. The picture you posted is what my Spotify used to look like, but now “my library”. Is completely different 

D90B8CA7-31CB-4B13-8FFA-F72B0CB10059.png

Can we please get an answer for this???? Pretty much everything in the new update sucks but no "all songs" is just ridiculous

Same Problem here. But I think it has something to do with the Account.

My wife has the "Songs"-Tab in Library. When I sign her out and sign in with my Account it's gone.IMG_0177.PNGIMG_0178.PNG

Further I have a "Favorites"-Playlist (which is not updating even if I "heart" songs) - She doesn't have one.

Can someon tell me whats wrong here? I just thought about switchting from Play Music. But for now I feel it's pure chaos in here.

I have the same problem. My saved songs / artists have gone since the update. It sounds a common fault.

I had/have the same problem. i can't find my songs..... how do we get it back???

wth where are all my songs. I'm having the same problem. Lucky for me the app on my TV still have all my songs. I'm about to go crazy and write them down. Wtffff. Stupid update.

So this is what I did as a quick solution, in case we never get back our songs. Went to my laptop PC whatever. Since it doesn't have the update I went to Songs selected all my songs (Shift key on the keyboard and arrow down...) Right click on the last song and I made a new playlist. All My Songs. At least I have them just in case. 

IMG_20180508_205124.png

So out of the sudden the folder thats says "favorite songs" looks like this and has all my songs 😮🤔 is the app still updating? I don't get it. Or is it cause I made that new playlist...

Screenshot_2018-05-08-21-05-50.png

Just at had a iPhone Spotify update this morning and still no change. Is this the only help we get? I was thinking of going to premium again, but now if this is the only way of getting assistance I’m not going to bother.

Thank you, for the info. I did as you said... hopefully when this will
work, if not its Pandora for me

Marked as solution

IM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

So after i opened spotify and upon seeing the "new" update i was devastated because i thought i have completely lost all my songs. BUT ALAS! Only a few hours ago, i purchased premium. AND LO AND BEHOLD, after the purchase went through, I GOT THE "OLD" LAYOUT BAAAAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!! AND ALL OF MY SONGS (EVERY. SINGLE. ONE) YES, IS IN THERE! In conclusion, if youre not in premium, the layout youll get is the "new" one and once you get premium, then is when youll get the original layout back. But if you cant purchase premium now, then i suggest that you go in your desktop or laptop (cause they wont have the "update" yet) download spotify and copy all your songs (by pressing shift and arow down key then right click, save on new playlist) and youll be set until you can purchase premium. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Another possible solution.  If you are on the new system, search for your username (hopefully it is unique) and Songs.  So I found SpikeApple Songs, but I did not see Wis (the thread author) Songs.  Then Select All and hit Heart.  They will move to Favorites.

That is exactly what I did. Copied all songs and saved them to a playlist. Thank you

Thank You ! I was at a panic !! Did what you did and my songs are all back under favorites. 

That was sneaky of them .. no warning .. I shouldn't of updated !! Won't do that again. !! 

Well Spotify your losing one customer thanks for ruining a perfectly good app 

[Correction:] restarting the app brought all the songs back, so it's no longer the nightmare I thought it was.

Suggested posts