I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

Solved!

Re: I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

gchronis

I have never such poor working app as I have seen with spotify! Pure crud and even worse on doid and real bad on my iphone. Save your self the aggrevation and just use pandora atleast it works!

@mrojas527 wrote:
I can log onto the website, just not the app.

victorklassen
Casual Listener

Did not work

lalalalala

Had the same problem but I probably found a solution*:

labels say "username and password"

Although on the webinterface you can type your email and password as well.

But the (iphone) app does not seem to work with email.

I tried to login about 10 times, reset password, uninstalled the app... nothing seemed to work.

But then I took a closer look at the login form labels and tried one last, simple thing.

You have to enter - as the label says - your username and NOT your registered email.

At least this worked for me.

*So it is no technical problem or bug but an interface/usability/user expactation issue :P

Users don't read ... (me included)

Cori54331
Casual Listener
I had same problem and could not figure it out, I tried everything. That worked for me as well. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

Monkeytown
I have the same problem. I can log in at the spotify webpage on my iPhone via safari, but I can not log in via the app. I've recently changed my password 2 times. The app tells me always that I can't log in, username or password is wrong ... I'm sure it's the right password. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've cleared the spotify app today without logging out. Then I've installed it again and couldn't log in as mentioned above. Please help me.

Cori54331
Casual Listener
Try using user id NOT email address. For me I just removed yahoo.com and I got in app fine.

user-removed
Not applicable
Thanks a ton!

Markwaltpowell
Same issue iOS 8 app reinstall fixed it.

Jimikinz1
None of these work for me. Once I hit log in it just sits and nothing happens. Tried all the things above. Glad I didn't pay yet, seems like a junk app to me

yichiariel

worked for me as well, thank you so much!!!!! big help

SUGGESTED POSTS