Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

App has mind of its own

I have an iPhone X that I just bought in July. It is on the newest ios. I deleted and redownloaded the Spotify app. It constantly pauses, skips, fast forwards or just doesn’t play. Whatever it wants. It was only when I was walking for about a week......

• I have an iPhone X that I just bought in July. It is on the newest ios. I deleted and redownloaded the Spotify app. It constantly pauses, skips, fast forwards or just doesn’t play. Whatever it wants....
  • rainkidrani
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing and playing sporadically

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 7 Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueI’ve had this issue before where I’d be listening to an album and the music pauses all of a sudden. I only use Spotify with headphones. The app starts playing and pausing the song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 7   Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue I’ve had this issue before where I’d be listening to an album and the music pauses all of a su...
  • rainkidrani
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlists not updating

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Spotify playlists such as New Releases, Hot Country, etc are not updating. The cover picture and preview info does but when you go to play t...

•   Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  Spotify playlists such as New Releases, H...
  • rainkidrani
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly not updating

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 8Operating System(OS 10 My Question or IssueMy Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated for several weeks now. I've tried to unfollow/re-follow. Logged out of my phone and desktop and logged back in. But st...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 8 Operating System (OS 10   My Question or Issue My Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated for several weeks now. I've tried to unfol...
  • rainkidrani
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 8 Spotify connection in smart car! Help!!

Wondering if anyone could help? When I connect my iPhone 8 via Bluetooth or via usb in my smart car, the music stops after every track and doesn’t play through ? Very annoying and I have to keep pressing play numerous times on my device for it to pla...

• Wondering if anyone could help? When I connect my iPhone 8 via Bluetooth or via usb in my smart car, the music stops after every track and doesn’t play through ? Very annoying and I have to keep pres...
  • rainkidrani
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Terible Mobile app design

Guys ... who made it ? bunch of Indian teens for couple of bucks ? ? I mean - whole interface on mobile is made by people who never used it That's the only reason i could think of when im using it ... For example ... - when in the listing ..and playi...

• Regular
  • Guys ... who made it ? bunch of Indian teens for couple of bucks ? ? I mean - whole interface on mobile is made by people who never used it That's the only reason i could think of when im using it .....
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

application does not start iPhone 5s

PlanFreeDevice(iPhone 5s)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueWhen I try to open the app on my phone, the icon lights up for a couple of seconds and throws it on the home screen. When I reinstall the app the first time I enter the app is norm...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device (iPhone 5s) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue When I try to open the app on my phone, the icon lights up for a couple of seconds and throws it on the home...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Music with videos not available on my location should not stop my music from playing

PlanPremiumCountry PortugalDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue Whenever I'm playing music from Spotify playlists, and I believe it would happen on personal too, everytime that a music has a video that it is not available on my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Portugal Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Whenever I'm playing music from Spotify playlists, and I believe it would happ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 11
    Mobile
    Music video
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone can't find music, iMac does.

Strange problem. I created a play list on my iPhone some days ago.Yesterday, I played the list via my Sonos app and some songs were grayed out.When I looked in my Spotfy iPhone app, those songs are gone.And when i try to find those songs again with t...

• Strange problem.   I created a play list on my iPhone some days ago. Yesterday, I played the list via my Sonos app and some songs were grayed out. When I looked in my Spotfy iPhone app, thos...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Very weird screen layout, app doesn't work anymore?

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12 Everytime I open spotify on my iphone, the buttons are all at the top of the screen and I can click on them, but I cant play any music through my phone. If i want to listen to spot...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12   Everytime I open spotify on my iphone, the buttons are all at the top of the screen and I can click o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline and I can't Login

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 12.0.1) My Question or IssueSpotify was offline and wouldn't connect even though I had internet connection on my phone. I logged off and tried to log in again (I am logged in through facebook...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 12.0.1)   My Question or Issue Spotify was offline and wouldn't connect even though I had internet connection on ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Constant need to redownload songs

Can someone please help!! I constantly need to redownload all my saved songs on the Spotify app!! It is driving me insane!All I want to do is listen to music whilst offline as Spotify has already used a lot of my data and it won't let mennevaide once...

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please help!! I constantly need to redownload all my saved songs on the Spotify app!! It is driving me insane! All I want to do is listen to music whilst offline as Spotify has already u...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don’t stay hearted or liked

I have an iPhone 8 Plus with the newest os and I’m a premium member in the US. For some reason songs don’t stay “hearted” or liked in the radios or daily mixes when I tap out of the app and come back in and the recent songs I’ve liked don’t stay in m...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 8 Plus with the newest os and I’m a premium member in the US. For some reason songs don’t stay “hearted” or liked in the radios or daily mixes when I tap out of the app and come back...
  • Kimicocoa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Queue Not Working Correctly

Spotify PremiumUnited States of America iPhone 6s PlusiOS 12 For about a month and a half now, my Spotify queue has been working incorrectly. I have uninstalled it, updated the app, updated my phone to iOS 12, yet nothing works. I can move one song a...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Premium United States of America   iPhone 6s Plus iOS 12      For about a month and a half now, my Spotify queue has been working incorrectly. I have uninstalled it...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

I think my iOS app is so slow..

hey Guys, i am using Spotify for so long time and I think Spotify turned really bad. On iOS iPhone X Two things - Spotify app started always new when i am not using it for 10 minutes.- Spotify is slow and takes so long to load my playlist as a sample...

•       hey Guys,   i am using Spotify for so long time and I think Spotify turned really bad. On iOS iPhone X    Two things   - Spotify app started always n...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug Report: Queue malfunctions when trying to move around multiple songs

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6SEOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue When I put multiple songs into the queue and then try to move more than one song from the bottom of the queue to anywhere else in the queue, all of the songs appear to move to th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 6SE Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue   When I put multiple songs into the queue and then try to move more than one song from the bo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Resuming song after several days not possible

Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.0 My Question or Issue Whenever I do not use the app for a few days, it forgets the song and playlist that was playing before. The player controls are simply not there any more. Tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.0  My Question or Issue Whenever I do not use the app for a few days, it forgets the song and playlist that...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Best practices for stopping Spotify from de-syncing my local purchased music

I'm a premium user on iOS 12 and Windows 10, syncing local tracks on the same wifi network. I have a folder of local music. Regularly, Spotify de-syncs previously synced local playlists from my iPhone, always for songs that aren't on Spotify. They ca...

• I'm a premium user on iOS 12 and Windows 10, syncing local tracks on the same wifi network.   I have a folder of local music. Regularly, Spotify de-syncs previously synced local...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Ads not working

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceIphone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueThe ads are completely messed up. There are so many problems I'm going to put them in a list.1. When I'm not in the spotify app, and the option option to watch a vi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device Iphone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue The ads are completely messed up. There are so many problems I'm going to put them ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac to iPhone Local files not working

I have been trying to figure out how to get the local files from my mac spotify onto my iphone. I bought an album on bandcamp.com and transferred it to itunes on both devices. I added the local source to my spotify on my mac and I'm able to play it t...

•   I have been trying to figure out how to get the local files from my mac spotify onto my iphone. I bought an album on bandcamp.com and transferred it to itunes on both devices. I added the loc...
  • wrenbird
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes