Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Switching from Bluetooth to Spotify connect requires additional step of disconnecting

DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My IssueWhen connected to bluetooth I first have to disconnect from the bluetooth device before I'm able to select a Spotify Connect device.

• Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12  My Issue When connected to bluetooth I first have to disconnect from the bluetooth device before I'm able to select a Spotify Connect device.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selection of songs in my playlist

PlanFreeCountry: US Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueIn my spotify playlsit, there are some songs which are played frequently, while others are played after a long time. I always listen to spotify on Shuffle play. Can some...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country: US   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue In my spotify playlsit, there are some songs which are played frequently, while others a...
  • ankushs
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can someone please explain this?

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 12.01) My Question or Issue Why do the different versions of Spotify act differently? On my computer I can pick individual songs from my playlist and repeat or shuffle etc. them. That’s why I pr...

• Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 12.01)    My Question or Issue  Why do the different versions of Spotify act differently? On my computer I can ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 'Charts' dissapeared from Iphone App

I can't see my charts option on the app for some reason for 2 days already. any help? i can see only 'Home' 'Search' and 'Your library' charts are missing between the home and the search tab

• Music Fan
  • I can't see my charts option on the app for some reason for 2 days already. any help?   i can see only 'Home' 'Search' and 'Your library'  charts are missing between the home and the sea...
  • Jacobmarkman
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Played something on my phone and my ipad syncs - how to turn of?

Since a few days I expirience a behaviour that is new to me. When played an Album on my phone, my ipad syncs to the same last played song on my phone and vice versa. I use my phone to listen to Audiobooks while on my way from and to work and my ipda ...

• Regular
  • Since a few days I expirience a behaviour that is new to me.   When played an Album on my phone, my ipad syncs to the same last played song on my phone and vice versa.   I use my phone ...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded music will not sync to iPhone

My Question or IssueI have downloaded some CDs to my music library on my Dell laptop. I see the songs in the local files on the left side of the desktop app. I have created at least five playlists (recreating the same list over and over to get it to ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue I have downloaded some CDs to my music library on my Dell laptop.  I see the songs in the local files on the left side of the desktop app.  I have created at l...
  • Vespawood
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Radio and Explore Buttons

Hi everybody, Since a few days my radio and explore buttons have disappeared from the bottom bar on my iphone 8. I already have disconnect my account uninstall the app and push some update of spotify since my problem appeared but i'm unable to get ba...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody,   Since a few days my radio and explore buttons have disappeared from the bottom bar on my iphone 8. I already have disconnect my account uninstall the app and push some update o...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Disable “This Is: Artist”

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Is there a way to disable Spotify’s “This Is..” playlists. When I hit “Shuffle Play” on an artist it’s because I want to mix their entire catalogue not just w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  Is there a way to disable Spotify’s “This Is..” playlists. When I hit “S...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution can't edit a collaborative playlist

PlanFreeDeviceiPhone 6 My Question or Issue A friend sent me a collaborative list from his Android phone. When I open the link he sent me it opens on my Spotify app on my iphone but I can't add songs. It only has "preview". We both use the free versi...

• Plan Free Device iPhone 6  My Question or Issue   A friend sent me a collaborative list from his Android phone. When I open the link he sent me it opens on my Spotify app on my i...
  • swainjo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated IOS and its now a blank screen

PlanFree/PremiumCountry NZ Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 12.01 My Question i updated IOS and now can only see the attached screen. I can’t seem to type or enter anything in either

• Plan Free/Premium Country NZ   Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 12.01   My Question i updated IOS and now can only see the attached screen. I can’t seem to type or enter anyt...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Update roll out new features for premium Oktober 2018

Why is Spotify anouncing the new features with a video and a great press article when the update is not showing up on iPhone or iPad? A friend of mine has an Android and he has the new feature already? This is axactlay the reason why I have an iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is Spotify anouncing the new features with a video and a great press article when the update is not showing up on iPhone or iPad?    A friend of mine has an Android and he has the new...
  • fankny212
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t play new artist radio

I’m PlanPremiumCountry US DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or IssueMost artist radios play but some do not. Look at this picture. Why won’t some play?

82C0245E-AE9C-4DA6-9FE6-88697A0EFD56.jpeg
  • Roadie
  • I’m  Plan Premium Country  US   Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue Most artist radios play but some do not. Look at this picture. Why won’t some play?   &...
  • Npostman
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync problem between iOS app and mac desktop player vice versa

I want that when I listen on the Spotify desktop app (Mac OS) that my iphone (SE) app remembers where I left off listening. And vice versa, even if I have listened via the iphone app, I want the desktop app to continue where I left off. But he does n...

• Regular
  • I want that when I listen on the Spotify desktop app (Mac OS) that my iphone (SE) app remembers where I left off listening. And vice versa, even if I have listened via the iphone app, I want the desk...
  • erwinhillywood
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble playing a playlist

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceIpad miniOperating SystemiOS 10, I guess My Question or Issue I've made a playlist a long time ago. Usually when I listen to it, if it is on shuffle or not, it works how I like it and the way it is supposed to ...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Ipad mini Operating System iOS 10, I guess   My Question or Issue   I've made a playlist a long time ago. Usually when I listen ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can i only download certain artist radios offline?

just wondering if only certain artist radios are downloadable? see screenshots below

CB5585F8-8AFB-4EE1-B9D3-4EC524ED866E.png C775867C-41D7-400C-8223-4D9BA7A25129.png
  •   just wondering if only certain artist radios are downloadable? see screenshots below 🙂      
  • Tsunamia
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Half of my songs won't play

About half of my songs won't play when they are shuffled and it forces me to waste a skip, any way to fix this?PlanFreeCountry USDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemIOS 12

• Casual Listener
  • About half of my songs won't play when they are shuffled and it forces me to waste a skip, any way to fix this? Plan Free Country  US Device Iphone 7 Operating System IOS 12  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant play a certain song on my phone

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I’m having trouble playing a certain song on spotify. I can do anything on it (such as saving it to a playlist or viewing album etc), but i cant play the song....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I’m having trouble playing a certain song on spotify. I can do anything o...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Says it is downloaded...but does not show up on downloaded list?

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 6s) My Question or Issue So I have never had this issue before but I have went to "download" albums and it will immedicately say "downloaded" and show the green arow indicating that it is ready to play offline. Whe...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 6s)     My Question or Issue  So I have never had this issue before but I have went to "download" albums and it will immedicately...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Half songs are gone after turning "offline" mode on

PlanPremium (iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue So basically, I have a couple playlists that I have created and I got one of them fully downloaded on my phone. So the issue is that when I go offline some of the songs just disappe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  So basically, I have a couple playlists that I have created and I got one of them fully downloaded ...
  • vovaw
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t change playlist name

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or Issue Since the last update it’s not possible to change name for new or existing playlists.When I get to the name change screen, the x (for delete) does nothing.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.0.1     My Question or Issue  Since the last update it’s not possible to change name for new or e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes