Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can’t play certain explicit songs

I can’t play certain explicit songs

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I have explicit content enabled, and certain explicit songs still don’t play. I don’t get why this is happening. I can play most explicit songs on Spotify. But some songs (when I click on them) don’t even play.

5 Replies

I’m currently having this type of problem as well! I played a song and listened to it and now when I press it, it doesn’t play but any other song will so annoying 

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I’ve done both of the suggested and all songs play but the one I want to
listen to. I have a iPhone 8 Plus with the newest update and using Spotify

I am having the same problem. I have tried what you have recommended but it says I don’t have my explicit allowed when I already do.

Hey there folks,  

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick for you, try if you observe the same when using a different device. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

It'd also be useful if you let us know which version of the Spotify app and what OS you're using on your device. This can help us investigate and assist further.  

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts