Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't sync Ipod while spotify is running on pc

I can't sync Ipod while spotify is running on pc

The headline is a bit deceptive, I can actually sync, that's not exactly the problem. The problem is that whenever I try to connect my Ipod to my pc, via wifi or usb, my pc version unchecks all of my playlists which deletes all of my songs on my Ipod. This wouldn't be that big of an issue accept for the fact that my Ipod sync is slower than mollasses. 3000 songs takes 40 hours to sync with a 40mb download connection. My question to anyone out there is; Is there a port that I can open up to help speed up the transfer rate?

Dell XPS Duel core laptop, 4 gb ram, windows vista, winamp
Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation
2 Replies

@rdngmikey wrote:

The headline is a bit deceptive, I can actually sync, that's not exactly the problem. The problem is that whenever I try to connect my Ipod to my pc, via wifi or usb, my pc version unchecks all of my playlists which deletes all of my songs on my Ipod. This wouldn't be that big of an issue accept for the fact that my Ipod sync is slower than mollasses. 3000 songs takes 40 hours to sync with a 40mb download connection. My question to anyone out there is; Is there a port that I can open up to help speed up the transfer rate?

I'm afraid not.

I don't believe Spotify actually works over a port (well, that's stupid isn't it - it has to lol ;))

However, I have searched and searched and cannot for the life of me figure out which port it is supposed to sync on.

Liam

Thanks, I had tried to find some info on it myself and had about the same luck, then again I don't really know all that much about it.

Dell XPS Duel core laptop, 4 gb ram, windows vista, winamp
Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

Suggested posts