Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't sync my local files.

I can't sync my local files.

Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist of local files and even though I have it downloaded on both my computer and iPhone and I have enabled local files on both of the devices as well, it just wont let me play any of the songs. I get the same message that the song is not downloaded when I try to switch from the desktop to my phone while a song from local files is playing.

IMG_7625.jpg
3 Replies

Hi there @swagdrainer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Let's take a closer look into this together.

Just to be sure, can you double-check that you've followed all of the support site steps correctly here?

Note: To sync local files from one device to another, you must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

Yes, I have followed all the steps. I even tried multiple times, disabling and reenabling the needed settings etc. but nothing seems to work.

Hey @swagdrainer

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your devices  to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you follow the steps below: 

1. Set the app to Offline Mode by clicking on the three dots menu in the upper left corner > Spotify > Offline Mode and restart the app.
  2. Now turn it back off and restart once again. This will force a resync of your library.

After the resync is complete, your local files should appear in a folder in Your Library.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts