Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've been charged for my spotify but can't access any of the premium content

I've been charged for my spotify but can't access any of the premium content

So I'm kind of pissed. I'm on tour with my band and I subscribed to spotify premium so we can listen to music. Well my credit card has been charged and I still haven't been able to access any premium content, for the past 2 weeks. I did everything your "support" says to do, and nothing works what's so ever. You're literally stealing my money right now and I've sent several emails and posted on this forum several times and haven't had any bit of help yet. How can you run a company when you don't hold up to your end of the transaction let alone ignore your consumers reports? This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered with any company. So can I have some answers finally?
12 Replies

Hey @vincentjaro007, that's not cool! 

It sounds really easy and obvious, but have you tried signing in and back out? It's worked many times.

You said you've sent a few emails, but have you tried using the contact form? You'll have better luck with that. They should get back to you 24-48 hours. Make sure you reply to the automated email telling you to come here (even if it's from a no-reply email address).

If none of this works, let me know and we'll try to figure something else out.

I've tried over 3 dozen times of signing in and out and it hasn't worked. Nothing that spotify suggested has helped, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's not working. I don't get how you can charge me 12.99 for something and then not allow me to access it. It's already been 2 weeks. Can please just have my premium account accessible? This is getting out of hand and I shouldn't have to be doing as much as I am, it's not my problem, it's your guys. So what else can you do for me?

I agree. This is getting a little out of hand.

I'm not actually part of the Spotify team, just a guy that likes trying to help out, but it's time that I escalate this to the Team. You should hear a Staff member sometime soon.  

Sorry I couldn't do that much and I hope you get this figured out soon.

Thank you man, I really appreciate it. It's just that I'm about to not even be able to use it and I was charged for it and I can't express how upset I am at that. It's about to be like I literally got money stolen from me by spotify and that's not okay.

Hey @vincentjaro007 when was your last payment to Spotify? If you check your receipts on subscription page you can see if you've paid for the past month. If you have a payment in the last 30 days let us know and we'll keep investigating. 

I don't need to check. I got my email from the Apple Store saying I was charged for spotify. So can you give me an email to forward a screen shot too? Because this has been about 2 weeks now and I'm getting kinda pissed that you keep asking me questions when I told you the problem and you keep trying to find loop holes to prolong this unnecessary problem.

Hi @vincentjaro007 I asked because your last payment was in the previous month. However I can see now that you paid for Premium yesterday and now have an active subscription. 

Please sign in with your Spotify username (not your email) and your Spotify password. You'll then be brought to your Premium account, thanks!

I'm having the same issues as the OP was charged on the second of this month tried allllllllll of the suggestions and still nothing. It's almost been a month now...

I'm am also having the exact same issue, I've been charged and cannot access my premium account. I recently even turned off my automated subscription but then I was still charged? I'd like to have access for the month I paid for atleast..I've used the contact sheet to inform someone and I haven't heard anything..

@Jaferdinand

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you should see when is your subscription ending or renewing.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been having the same issue, reieved my email from apple store with my receipt that states i had purchase spotify premium on 26th May, and still don't have access to any of the premium functions. i have been a spotify premium user for several months and dont understand why this is happening now. i have tried all the suggested things to do, just want this fixed asap 😞

Hey @Goalie17

Login into your Spotify profile here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

Check the status of your subscription, and if it appears as Free, the payment probably didn't go through on Spotify's side.

For the time being, it's better to get your Premium through the website.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts