Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Independent volume is absolutely necessary

Independent volume is absolutely necessary

So if I'm trying to listen to music as I fall asleep, I typically have music playing quietly so I can actually fall asleep.
Spotify doesn't let you have an independent volume and turn the volume down without turning everything down.
My phone is my alarm in the morning and I won't hear it if my phone is turned down all the way. What's the point of having spotify if I can't even listen to my music in the nighttime which is the only time people who work get to relax.
2 Replies

Hi there @JoshuaAM! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this is an issue with iOS and not the app itself. I haven't heard of another app that utilizes it's own volume among the rest of the OS. I do have to say that I'm not entirely a connossiuer of apps though so I could be wrong, but I have a pretty strong feeling about this.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Every app I have used has independent volume. It lets you toggle in app sounds and music separately both independent from the phones volume. @mikeyB
I don't see a difference and don't understand how the games are different from this music app.

Suggested posts