Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Internet connection needed when syncing music via WiFi?

Internet connection needed when syncing music via WiFi?

I used to sync my local files from my PC to my Iphone by turning on and old wifi modem i had lying around, connect both my pc and my iphone to it and it all worked out allright. Now when i'm trying to sync local files to iphone again i am unable to do so, even though i'm doing the exact same thing i've always done. Is it possible that one of the newer versions of spotify now requires internetconnection aswell as an Wifi connection?

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Wifi is an internet connection (just a wireless access to the internet), so I'm not entirely sure what you mean!

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify on both devices?

Also, try running Spotify PC as an administrator.

You AV may also be blocking Spotify, so try creating a TCP exception both inbound and outbound for Spotify.exe. Alternatively, just pause your AV software/firewall.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

"Wifi is an internet connection (just a wireless access to the internet), so I'm not entirely sure what you mean!"

Uh, wifi does not necessarily mean there is an internet connection.

I think what housemastah means is that they used to create a wireless local area network (a LAN without access to the internet; for more information about LAN see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_area_network).  They were able to sync Spotify on their iphone and computer over this LAN.  But now, it seems that not only do both iphone and computer need to be connected to the same wifi network, but the network needs to also provide access to the internet. 

Hi guys. Synching should work fine the way you describe, popo33. Does your mobile show under devices in the desktop client? If not, try disabling any firewalls and security/antivirus software. If it still doesn't show, try killing the desktop client and restart it. 

Note that you need to log your phone into Spotify once every 30 days so it can check you have a valid subscription so you might want to try that first if you feel it's relevant.

Suggested posts