Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ipad App Huge because of "Data & documents"

Ipad App Huge because of "Data & documents"

Hi,

I am really enjoying the iPad Spotify App. I think it is greatly designed and is easy to use. About one thing I am wondering though. The app itself is around 12 MB big but on my iPad is uses up to almost 1 GB for the so called "Data and Documents". I do not have any playlists saved for offline use so why is the app using this much space on my iPad?

Another question off topic: Are there plans for integrated apps in the iOS Spotify apps like in the Windows/Mac versions?

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies

Spotify stores every song you ever listen to, even in radio mode, in your Phone memory. The only way to free up the space is to completely delete the app and reinstall from scratch. It has been this way for years and I can't see it changing any time soon.

There's a huge thread about this here.  Add your voice to the complaints and hopefully they will do something about it eventually.

If you need to permanently delete data from iPad, My recommendation is iPhone Data Eraser, which can erase all data including contacts, messages, call history, apps, system setting, photo, video, keyboard cache, safari bookmark. Indeed, iPhone Data Eraser worth trusting and it makes the work more effective. What you need is a windows computer. One single click and data deletion finish. In addition, the program also works well with iPad and iPod Touch.

Suggested posts