Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone 5C is not syncing with Spotify on my laptop.

Iphone 5C is not syncing with Spotify on my laptop.

I am trying to sync the local files on my computer through Spotify to my iPhone 5C Spotify app, but it won't do it.  I tried logging out and back in on my phone, I restarted my computer, instaled Spotify app to my laptop through iTunes.  Nothing is working, can anyone help me please?

7 Replies

Hi,

I had the same issue, only with my Ipod Touch. I uninstalled and re-installed the app on the Ipod and it seems to work now. You can also try uninstalling the Spotify app on your PC.

I hope this helps 🙂

Hi there, 

You may reinstall Spotify to see if that fixes the problem. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

BUT IF I REINSTALL SPOTIFY ON MY IPHONE I WILL LOSE ALL MY PLAYLISTS!!

I can never find solutions for ANY of my spotify problems. This is so lame that we cant ask a question and get a real world response from spotify!!

Spotify Premium account, using iPhone5, iPad4, and Laptop PC Windows 7, Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth portable speaker.

Actually you don't lose your playlists. Even if you did there is an option to restore them. I would help you further because I had the same issue, however I'm not going to because you're being a stupid and rude as*.*****. Good luck solving it on your own.

Have you never gotten so frustrated after trying to find a solution to an issue and you keep trying for hours and then it seems hopeless and it makes you angry? If not, I truly  I hope one day I can reach that level of peace in those times .

I wish well.

Perhaps someone else out there can help a tired and frustrated Spotify premium user that is not as technologically savy as most.

Thanks.

Spotify Premium account, using iPhone5, iPad4, and Laptop PC Windows 7, Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth portable speaker.

That sounds better. Of course I have been in situations like these, and I've also spent a lot of time working as a Customer Support Agent (and a good one too 🙂 ), so I know all about frustration, and I understand better than you can imagine. Now, seriously: follow the link given above and uninstall the damned app -  https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify. It will NOT delete your playlists, don't worry. The whole deal is that the synchronization between different devices is not always very stable (my opinion, I am NOT an expert on Spotify), so sometimes these things happen.  I would also suggest uninstalling the app from your desktop PC/mac as well, and just do a fresh installation on both devices. I think this should fix it. Also, a user called Esther on the community forum tried the following and it seems to work for her (she has an iPhone 6):

<<

•  Disconnected iPhone from cable attached to Windows 7 laptop
  •  Closed iTunes
  •  Closed Spotify on Windows 7
  •  Opened Spotify on Windows 7
  •  Enabled WiFi on iPhone and made sure it was on the same network as my laptop (waited until connection bars appeared)
  •  Opened Spotify on iPhone

I was then able to see my iPhone in my devices and can synchronize local and Spotify files.

I have the latest Spotify version and upgraded my iPhone to iOS 6. >>

I really hope your problem gets solved dude. It seems like this is happening mostly to Iphone users. Anyways, best of luck!

p.s. you might want to check out this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-sync-local-files-to-iPhone/td-...

Thank you will try it now 🙂

Suggested posts