Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is the app becoming bloated?

Solved!

Is the app becoming bloated?

I feel that it takes too many "taps" to get to my music. The app has been adding more and more features, that have sucessfully increased how many things I need to select before getting to the playlists I have made, and will listen to most often. 

I understand how to navigage the app, or at least believe I do, and can get to my playlists, or music, after going through a few more steps than I needed to. This isn't the end of the world, but I do think it is poor design. 

Does anyone agree?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Clutha, it is a known issue that the cache builds up over time. Quickest and easiest fix is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Totally agree. Completely unnecessary.

Yes.  I enjoy listening to my Spotify Premium account while I work as a developer.  I need to have many applications open, however, I often get noticably tapped out, and the non-essential application I can close is Spotify to free up at least 2GB worth of memory.

I've been using Spotify for a very long time, as soon as it was available in the US, and I've been critical for years now about the move away from the original application which was extremely light.  They moved from a very snappy lightweight client to this bloated mess, and it's truly unfortunate.  

If there were another streaming music service that offered a decent Catalog without such a bloated application I'll easily jump ship.  Amazon Music is becoming a bigger part of my daily use as a Prime member...  How much longer will I continue to pay for Spotify if it is going to be an usuable memory hog?

Agreed. I feel they have been 'fiddling' to much with the app when the core functionality seemed to work quite well. 

On my iPad mini Spotify is using 2.5gb storage. Is this normal? Up to now I've just played stuff streaming, not aware I might be downloading. A real newbie who hasn't asked questions yet, but iPad is getting slower and storage indicates < 0.5 gb available, Spotify is biggest user.

help!

Marked as solution

Hi @Clutha, it is a known issue that the cache builds up over time. Quickest and easiest fix is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Thank you, I'll go for that.

Back on with app reloaded and available storage on iPad up from <0.5gb to >3.

Many thanks for the method.

Glad you got it sorted!

I completely agree. As of now, the app lags on my 6-core 3.0 GHZ processor with 16 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 670. It takes a full 3 seconds for a song to get added to a playlist when dragged. When moving the cursor to select a song, there's noticable delay before the highlight. It's completely rediculous - who programmed this? They need to turn in their card.

Suggested posts