Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with saved music not displaying as saved outside of my library

Solved!

Issue with saved music not displaying as saved outside of my library

I have had an ongoing issue for a few years where when I save songs they save for offline and everything works well in that regard but outside of my music library if I see that same saved song it shows as not saved. I have brought this issue up with customer service and they just say "delete the song and save it again and it should fix it" which isn't really a fix as it is just trying to brush it under the rug. 

Also, just to clarify - I've checked if it's different versions of the songs and it's not. It's the exact same versions of the songs showing as saved in my library but not outside my library in playlists or the artist page for example and if I press save it duplicates the song in my library. 

Below are 2 screenshots of what I mean.

One is a screenshot of Views by Drake if i go in through the Artist page and it doesn't show the songs as saved then the other is the exact same album if I view it from my liked songs in my library

Does anyone have any proper fix for this?

Thank you

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 12.14.11.png
Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 12.14.42.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @domo95,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album or song gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version. Keep in mind that this isn't exclusively referring to a new or different version of the song (a remix, single, remaster, etc.), it's the same one, but reuploaded.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions or need anything else.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @domo95,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. This was something I tried when I first spoke to customer services. Despite this, I tried it today anyway and it still didn't work. Just to be extra sure I deleted and reinstalled the app on both my phone and my Mac and make sure all caches were cleared and still nothing for both devices, I also asked friends to do the same and they got the same results. I know this is also an issue for other users as I've seen a good few threads around regarding the issue with various different songs/albums.

Thank you for trying anyway!
Marked as solution

Hey @domo95,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album or song gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version. Keep in mind that this isn't exclusively referring to a new or different version of the song (a remix, single, remaster, etc.), it's the same one, but reuploaded.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions or need anything else.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos

Thanks so much for explaining it to me! this was a lot more helpful than asking for help and being brushed off like customer services kept doing. I really appreciate it and will definitely be keeping updated for a fix

Thank you!

Suggested posts