Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan download audio only

Joe Rogan download audio only

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How do I get audio only on the app for iPhone?  It always downloads the video.  

23 Replies

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@Keyvo, not to worry. Keep in mind that this is not related to your subscription type. 

@Shoeyod, @Mooret83, this feature is still being tested and this is the reason why it's not available to everyone. We'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when this feature becomes available to all users. 

We appreciate your feedback regarding this, and will make sure to pass it onto the right team. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a good one.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was kinda stoked when Joe was making the move to Spotify since it gave me an excuse to consider changing my music listening paradigm and joining the world of streaming, but it turned out to be the worst app I've ever had the misfortune of being acquainted with.
Still no ability to download audio only:

IMG_0286.PNG

Haven't been able to listen to Rogan since January 30th and don't see any ability to do so in the future. The app simply will not play any podcast EVEN if the file is fully downloaded—regardless if 'go offline' switch is on on off/whether or not I'm connected to WIFI:

IMG_0285.PNG

IMG_0288.PNG

I have followed the instructions for a clean reinstall and experience the same problem on my:
1) iPod touch 6th generation
2) iPhone Xs
3) latest iPad Pro

IMG_0287.PNG

I literally have no choice but to completely abandon this podcast/app. 

 

Hey @RuckAF

Thanks for reaching out about this. We're sorry to hear you're having issues playing the podcast.

We'd recommend starting a new topic for this specific issue here.

We'll carry on with the help there 🙂

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, although I should mention that I'm adding to this thread because, by the grace of Allah, 2 random episodes in January downloaded the audio portion only, and I experience literally none of the constant issues dogging my whole Spotify experience.
So in the end, the entire issue comes down to extending everyone the ability to download audio only—which is the subject of this thread.

Suggested posts